Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Sorrento

Looking for a nice hotel with good views, close to public transportation since we won’t be renting a car. I have two in mind, Hotel Brittania or Hotel Villa Fiorita, any opinions on these. Also we’ll be touring Pompeii one day and on another a boat tour from Sorrento to Positano and Amalfi. Any recommendations on what boat tour to use? We’ll be there October 12to 15 . Thank you for anyone’s help

Posted by
1059 posts

I suggest taking a serious look at Hotel il Nido (ilnido.it). I don't think you will find better views - I think it also has the best restaurant in Sorrento. They have a shuttle to the center of town just about every hour that makes things much easier. I've stayed here for the past 10 years or more and wouldn't think of looking for a substitute!

Posted by
48 posts

Hi Robert, I did try them and they were full. Any other recommendations? Thank you

Posted by
48 posts

Hi Robert I just checked with hotels.com and they hav a room available but no view and at a great price. Should I get?
Also, the hourly shuttle, we want to tour Pompeii on one day and on another take a boat tour from Sorrento to Positano and Amalfi, it’s an 8 hour tour.
Would I be able to do this with no bus transportation and just rely on the hourly shuttle. I don’t know if anyone that’s been there so I thank you so much for all your advice.
Marie

Posted by
16409 posts

Marie, I wouldn't choose either Il Nido or Villa Fiorita myself because of their distance from the town center. Personal preference, probably, but I'd want to be reasonably easy walking distance from the restaurants and other amenities in central Sorrento and not have to rely on hotel shuttles and whatnot to get back and forth. even if that means not having a view (which we didn't, in Sorrento). Even Hotel Brittania is a little further than I'd want to be (make sure you're reading reviews and comments about that) but looks to be more manageable on foot than the other two.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/hotelbritanniasorrento.html#tab-main

Posted by
48 posts

Thank you Kathy for your reply. I think you’re right. We’re staying for 3 nights . One day touring Pompeii and another boat tour around Amalfi coast. I read that Hotel Britannia has a bus stop just outside so maybe we’ll stay there. Where did you stay when you were there?
Thank you
Marie

Posted by
372 posts

We stayed at Hotel Plaza, very close to the train, piazza Tasso and buses, but with double pained windows, we did not hear any noise at all! The rooms were fabulous, the linens and beds very comfortable and the breakfast was fabulous. Check them out on their website.

Posted by
1171 posts

See if Hotel Minerva is available.

They have an expansive balcony and delicious breakfasts on the terrace. It was a spectacular stay and we were minutes away from town by walking so it was easy to get to the ferry and wander the city day or night. They even took us outside to make sure we were standing at the correct spot when we needed to take the bus.

Posted by
1059 posts

Hi - I'm jumping back in (long hot day in Rome). I stand by il Nido. Check their website for the shuttle schedule. I've done the Pompeii and Amalfi boat items several times without a problem. Room with no view? No problem! the view you really want is from the balcony off of (and part of) the dining room. That's a great place to sit and dream. I'd go back to the website and look for a room again. Maybe don't specify anything? Good luck. BTW, the boat trip is spectacular in ways the bus ride could never be. You might want to check though to make sure it's running in October. Let me know how you make out!

Posted by
76 posts

Hi, Blue Angel! We have stayed at Grand Hotel de la Ville www.delavillesorrento.com/ The views are spectacular, even in the lower rooms. It is outside the town center but very walkable through the lemon groves to get there. The rooms are appointed with local tile and inlaid wood in a way that takes me back to prior centuries.

Don't know what your budget is, but even if you don't have a room with a view here, the rooftop has a tremendous deck with pool, drinks & food to watch the sunset. Spectacular!

Posted by
48 posts

Thank you all for your help. Decided on II Giardino Segreto a b&b in town, it’s close to train, bus and marina. Everyone’s info helped a lot. Have a wonderful day. Marie