Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Sorrento

I'm looking for a reasonable hotel in Sorrento for Sept. 2011, hopefully with a view. Any suggestions?

Posted by
524 posts

It would be helpful if you would provide us a little more information. When are you going? How long are you going to be there? (Sometimes 4 nights for price of 3, etc) What do you consider reasonable? As you know, rooms with a view in the Amalfi Coast or a balcony are higher priced.

Posted by
1003 posts

In July 2006 we stayed in Sorrento 4 nights at Hotel Settimo Cielo located out on Via Capo. Rooms are not fancy but plenty fine. The best part of this place was the lovely rooftop pool and the balcony we had with the amazing views of the Bay of Naples. We loved being here when Italy won the World Cup and would stay here again! Buon Viaggio!!

Posted by
12 posts

Hi Lynne, My wife and I spent 4 nights at Hotel Il Nido (http://www.ilnido.com/). If you check their website, there is a live webcam which will give you an idea of the view....which is beautiful. We were there in Sept 2010 and had a wonderful stay. It is located away from the city center but they provide an hourly shuttle to town which is convenient and saves on taxi fair. The rooms were very nice and the restaurant was excellent. The owners were very nice and made you feel at home. Good luck and enjoy. Eric

Posted by
32213 posts

Lynne, Three Hotels you might have a look at: > Hotel Desiree > Hotel Tonnarella > Hotel Settimo Cielo The first two are a bit of a walk somewhat at the edge of town, but not difficult at all (they're slightly past Settimo Cielo). Desiree and Tonnarella share a common driveway, and as I recall a common beach. The restaurant at Tonnarella has an incredible view of the Bay, which is especially awesome at night with a Cruise ship moored there. Desiree is a bit more "basic" but very comfortable, while Tonnarella is more "upscale". The owners at Desiree are wonderful, and there's a really nice rooftop terrace where one can enjoy a glass of Vino and enjoy the view and the sunshine. Happy travels!

Posted by
8 posts

I just yesterday came back from that area. My daughter and I stayed just outside of Sorrento in Seiano. The hotel we stayed at was Angiolieri and it was really nice. They have rooms with all different price ranges. You can get a room with either an ocean view or garden view. Also, they can give you a lift to the local train station (not really a far walk either) to ride by train to Sorrento. It's like a 10 min train ride that only cost 1,40 euro per person. We spent the whole day there shopping. And a good place to eat by the water was at a place called Mustafa'. It was near that hotel. Happy Travels! Rebecca

Posted by
8 posts

I almost forgot. The website for Angiolieri is www.grandhotelangiolieri.it . They also have a webcam and a rooftop pool. Sometimes when trying to get some reviews on hotel's we are looking into I go to booking.com to see what other's have said about them. Rebecca