Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Sorrento

I have decided to use Sorrento as a home base for my trip to Amalfi Coast in July. Does anyone have a hotel they would recommend? I am looking for quiet, by the sea with a sea view...relaxing? Suggestions?
Thanks so much! Pat

Posted by
9420 posts

We love La Tonnarella, a RS recommended hotel. On the cliff, incredible views, restaurant with great, inexpensive food. They have their own private beach.
We love it.

Posted by
340 posts

We stayed in Sorrento as our home base this past September and loved the hotel Minerva recommended by Rick's 2007 book. It has lovely sea views through french door windows and an excellent breakfast included. The bus into town stops right at the door or it is a 10-15 minute walk. They cater to British tourists so English is well spoken. I'm envious - have a lovely visit!

Posted by
7209 posts

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Ambasciatori right on the cliff. It had beautiful views and good food, but it was expensive. If you want cheap cliff side try the Hotel Lorelei et Londres...cheap (you get what you pay for).

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for the info--I have looked at the website for the Hotel Ambasciatori and loved it...But I need accomodations for a family of 4...I will email and see if they a large room (suite?)....
I thought the website looked fabulous...
Thanks!

Posted by
7209 posts

We are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We had to book 2 rooms at the Ambasciatori.

Posted by
7 posts

Okay, thanks for the tip!
I am in contact with the hotel for possible reservations..
Pat

Posted by
166 posts

Pat,

Check out the IL Nido in Sorrento. Email them at info@ilnido.it to inquire about price and availability. Rick Steves recommends this hotel in his guide book. We are staying at this hotel in April and have rooms reserved with balconies and a sea view. The hotel offers free shuttle service to the city center, and also to and from the train station. I'm told the food is very good at this hotel as well.

Greg

Posted by
1449 posts

Ricks guide book recommends several hotels

Posted by
3112 posts

A co-worker stayed at Hotel Minerva for a week last year. They had a room with terrace overlooking the sea and loved it. It's about a 10 min walk beyond the old town on Via Capo. Website is www.minervasorrento.com.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for the valuable tips...I am checking out each of these hotels and I hope to be able to find just the right one!
Thanks everyone for your help!
Pat

Posted by
4 posts

We stayed at the Il Nido last year. Nice people, a shuttle to town, and high in the hills with great views. All rooms have balconies with views. Rick Steves recommends.

Posted by
7 posts

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel La Meridiana last June for our 30th anniversary and absolutely loved it. We were on the 4th floor and had a great view of the bay from our balcony. The hotel is very clean and well kept and the staff is excellent. I don't remember exactly but I think the cost was about 120 eu or so per nite. We used it as a base for trips to Pompeii, Capri and the Amalfi coast and it was very convenient. Also, Sorrento itself is a beautiful and enjoyable city. Plenty of places to eat and soak in the atomsphere. Hope this helps, enjoy our trip!!

Posted by
87 posts

Pat--this may be too late to be of use, but I stayed at the Grand Europa. It's right on the cliffs as well. It is probably pricey but was well worth it--central and beautiful. We had four in a room.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks again for each of your suggestions..
I think I will keep making inquiries at some of these hotels recommended and see what I come up with....
It all sounds so great...I think we've picked a wonderful place to end our 3 weeks in Italy...
I appreciate everyone's input!
Take care!
Pat