Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome Summer 2009

I am researching possible hotels in Rome. I just want to be close to historic Rome (been there before comfortable w/ public transport). Would like to keep it around 100-150 per night if possible. Found a seemingly nice B & B called 58 Le Real De Luxe B & B via 'easy to book' and would like any opinions! It reviewed well on that site (8.6) but I would like more confirmation. If no-one has been there please offer other suggestions! Last time I went I did it 'shoe string' back pack style and this time it will be honeymoon style so I want something nicer and more romantic :)

Posted by
10 posts

Not exactly in historic Rome, but I stayed in Hotel Gerber (see R. Steves Italy book). It's two blocks from Metro stop and 10-15 walk to the Vatican. It was reasonably priced and had wonderful breakfast. The staff was also very helpful and nice.

Posted by
1317 posts

A bit further than 'right around the corner' but Hotel Paba is quite close to the Colosseum. You CAN see it right around the corner, and then it's another perhaps third of a mile to actually get to it. We paid 100 euro a night (then got a 5% discount for cash) in winter.

It's a hotel but it runs more like a B&B with only 7 rooms, and it's on the second floor (two floors above ground level) of an old apartment building. We had a very quiet, spacious room. The staff, especially the older lady who runs the place, is extremely accomodating and helpful, and you get breakfast served in your room each morning as they don't have a dining room.

It's also only about a 5 minute walk or less to the Cavour metro station.

Posted by
1005 posts

We have been to Rome 2x--in June 2002 we stayed at Hotel Italia (was in the R.Steves book and may still be). This was not a fancy place but was very reasonable and had a/c AND ceiling fans which was great for that hot, brutal Rome heat. Was about a 10-15 min. walk to the colisium.

In July 2006 we stayed at Hotel Smeraldo which was a few minutes from Campo di Fiori. This was also in the R.S. book. We paid 100 euros/night including breakfast. It was a great location and had awesome air conditioning. We actually got cold at night and put on extra blankets. It felt wonderful as it was incredibly hot outside! The rooms were quite small but very nice with lots of marble. I would take a small room with great a/c over space any day. Good luck with the planning and have a great trip.

Posted by
7209 posts

I can recommend the B&B Navona First. It's located dead center historic district. It has AC, clean rooms, provides a coupon for a small breakfast around the corner, has friendly staff and is very very cheap. Our group rented out the entire place this past June for 4 nights.

Posted by
1127 posts

You should be able to stay more central and stay within your budget. Always contact B&Bs and hotels directly before reserving through another source because the best price is usually direct. Look at Fellini Inn (www.fellinibnb.com) and Nicolas Inn (www.nicolasinn.com).

Posted by
1589 posts

This is from this board:

"Rome B&B-Gulliver's Lodge
We stayed at the Gulliver's Lodge a B&B in Rome. It was great. Just down the street from the train station maybe 4-6 blocks. Basically half way between the train station and the Coloseum. Simon runs the B&B and he was awesome. When we got there we had set up what we wanted to see. But he sat down with us and a local map with about 4 different highlighters and pens and showed us everything we wanted to see and made getting around a snap. He even called and made reservations for us at some of the museums. The B&B is on the main road but the rooms are in the back so they are fairly quiet. I have recommended this place to all my friends, and anytime I go back to Rome I will definately stay there.
Keri
Tucson, AZ USA 12/02/2008

Posted by
1018 posts

i am a yearly traveler to italy and when i am in roma i usually stay at the massimo d'azeglio on via cavour. it is a 10 minute walk from the stazione termini (central station). you can access their website or use venere.com. the cost was around 110 euro or 120 euro for a non-smoking double. also, you can take the leonardo express from fiumacino for 9 euro per person and it goes directly to stazione termini. just follow the signs at the airport. from stazione termini you can use the metro or the buses. i also found a b&b apartment 1 hour outside of roma that is very nice and it costs around 70 euro for a double.
rbciao

Posted by
267 posts

check out the best western hotel canada, 5 min walk to termini and nice location as far as resturants. great american breakfast buffet and nice happy hour in the lounge area with lots of good snacks. go to the best western early bird web special and book your room at a discount. also accepts AAA. we paid 139 euros for a night for 2 people. also free internet in the lounge. good luck :):):)