Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

My daughter (13) husband and I will be in Rome for 3 nights April 17, 18,19. First time for us -- would love some recommendations that would work for a party of 3. Doesn't need to be fancy, but must be clean and safe and with reasonable access to transportation to main tourist sights

Thanks!

Posted by
636 posts

I would recommend Hotel Smeraldo, in the Centro Storico (historic area). I would elaborate, but there are many discussions about it on this site already.

Posted by
23278 posts

You might to a search of the site first. There must be a hundred responses to this question. Try Sonya, Aberdeen, Contilla in the Termini area.

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Christine - I've stayed many times at -
http://www.hotelforte.com/en/index.htm
Located directly at The Spanish Steps and easy walking to The Via Veneto, The Trevi Fountain, and The Roman Forum. My friends Emanuel and Emanuella man the front desk and will take excellent care of you. Many excellent Cafes on the side streets by The Steps.
You should be up on Mt. Sunapee skiing today!!!

Enjoy Roma, Greg

Posted by
1446 posts

Are you interested in an apartment? We stayed in the Palazzo Olivia apartments (specifically in the Basilio apartment). The location was fantastic (right between Piazza Navona & Campo de Fiori) & around one corner was a major street with taxi stands, bus stops, atm machines, etc. & then around the opposite corner was a small narrow street with lots of restaurants, shops, etc. We really enjoyed walking around at night with a gelato & I liked being so close to Piazza Navona. The apartment we stayed in was spacious, comfortable and clean. The builidng has an elevator which I liked & the apartment had air conditiong though you may not need it in April. The sofa opened up into a bed and then there was a queen or king sized bed in the bedroom. It was definitely big enough for 3 people and was much larger than a hotel would be. There was a little kitchenette which we didn't really use but it was nice to have a refrigerator to put drinks in. The web site is: http://www.palazzo-olivia.it/

Have a great trip. Rome is wonderful!

Posted by
27 posts

Thanks for all the advice -- I will definitely check into all of them. Greg -- weather forecast is for rain so no skiing on Sunapee today -- however, I am impressed with your knowledge of New Hampshire geography!

Posted by
121 posts

Christine - we (husband and teen daughter) stayed at the Casa il Rosario (Via S. Agata dei Goti). It is a lovely convent with large rooms, private en suite bath, good breakfast, beautiful rooftop garden. It's also walking distance (easily) to Colosseum, Trajan market, Forum, etc., and walking distance (not so easy but doable) to Spanish Steps, Via del Corso, etc. The rooms are spotless and the sisters are very gracious. There is also free internet use. We really enjoyed our time there and the price was the most reasonable in town. There is an 11pm curfew but we found by then we were tired anyway. Have fun!

Posted by
1116 posts

I just booked to stay at Nicolas Inn in October. It got rave reviews on this site and on tripadvisor. Its owned by an American woman and her husband. We got a rate of 144 a night for October( It was the cheapest rate I found of hotels that people have talked about on this website.)

Posted by
409 posts

Christine and Claudette: The Nicolas Inn is an outstanding choice. Location, hospitality, quality of room / bathroom, etc. can't be beat. Close to metro stop and about 15-20 min. walk to Termini. Internet cafe right around the corner. Melissa and Francois will help you with all your travel requirements, such as booking the Borghese gallery. Nicolas would meet all of your stated requirements, but book now if interested - it fills up fast.