Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

We are going to be spending a couple of days of our honeymoon in Rome in the beginning of June. I have never been to Rome and want to be within walking distance to most sites. Does anyone have a recommendation of a place to stay that is reasonably priced and in a good location for sight seeing?

Posted by
204 posts

Contact the Aberdeen Hotel at: Hotel Aberdeen, Via Firenze 48, 00184, Roma, Italy, Phone: 06-482-3920, Fax: 06-482-1092, Email:hotel.aberdeen@travel.it
WWW: http://www.travel.it/roma/aberdeen/
Price Range: 88 to 130 E
Notes: Run by Annamaria, Cinzia and Sabrina
Nice place and the girls will take very good care of you. Tell them it's your honeymoon and I'll bet you have flowers in your room when you arrive.

cml

Posted by
409 posts

Try the Nicolas Inn (http://www.nicolasinn.com), which is actually a first-class B&B. 5 min. walk to the Colosseum, Forum, etc. Close to metro station. Great rooms and hospitality. Perhaps the best reason: Melissa (a native Chicagoan) and Francois speak perfect English and nothing is too much trouble for them. Book ASAP because they only have 4 rooms. And congratulations!

Posted by
536 posts

Laura - For many years I've stayed at - http://www.hotelforte.com/en/index.htm
My friends Emanuel and Emanuella run the front desk and will take excellent care of you. Located Directly at The Spanish Steps it is easy walking to The Via Veneto, Roman Forum, and The trevi Fountain. Also, great cafes on the side streets by The Steps. On The Via Veneto you can pick up an open air bus that will allow you to see the major sights of The City , getting off and back on as often as you like.

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
34 posts

Thank you for the recommendations. I tried Nicolas Inn because it looked perfect but of course all 4 rooms are already booked!

Posted by
187 posts

Hi Laura

We just booked at aroma the flowers of Rome room. aromabb.it

Marco has been delightful to work with and the room looks like a nice respite from Rome. (A little romantic too!)

It's in the Termini station area, so not walking distance to major attractions, but all reviews have been good and for us, the price was so right!

Happy honeymoon!

Posted by
23290 posts

Like Charles we like the Aberdeen but have drifted to the Sonya. A couple blocks closer to Termini. And, believe it or not, a slightly better breakfast than the Aberdeen which is very hard to beat. Try the Aberdeen first but the Sonya is a great second choice.

Posted by
2023 posts

We have drifted away from the area near the Termini. Look at Hotel Due Torri off of Via Scrofa and a short walk from the Pantheon. The breakfast is great and the staff very accommodating. Very quiet hotel with elevator and comfortable lounge area. Very close to many excellent restaurants.

Posted by
34 posts

Thanks everyone for your help. I found a couple of places that are available and would like to know if anyone has been there or heard from others.

The places are:

Hotel Smeraldo
B&B Reginella
B&B Pettinary
Downtown Accomodation

Any feedback would be great.

Posted by
348 posts

Also check hotel della regioni near trevi.
I checked into hotel forte but found it at 170 euro a bit off from my budget

Posted by
934 posts

I would have to disagree that the area of Termini is not within walking distance of many things.My wife and I 72-71 walked all over rome from termini area even to the Vatican which is about 2-3 miles and a delightful walk.

Posted by
192 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Nardizzi Americana. It was just fine and the rates were good. I think it was 110 euros/night in October 2009. It was very well located.

Posted by
34 posts

Has anyone heard of or spent a night at the B&B Reginella or B&B Pettinary? They are in the Campo de Fiori area.

Posted by
89 posts

Haven't any information on those two hotels. But I HIGHLY recommend the location. The Campo Di' Fiore is fantastic. And you can walk to any destination from there. We stayed at the Casa Di Santa Brigida in June of 2008 and it was a beautiful convent - perfect place to rest after a long day of sightseeing in Rome. We are going back to Rome this May and tried to get a reservation, but there were no rooms at the. I think one the Hotel Smeraldo is in the vicinty of the Campo, too.

Posted by
34 posts

Hi Linda

Where are you staying when you travel there in May? I heard of the other hotel but it is very expensive. We are trying to stay on a budget.

Posted by
34 posts

Any thoughts on Hotel delle Regioni vs. Hotel Grifo? Has anyone stayed in these hotels?

Posted by
89 posts

Hi Laura. This time, we're going to stay across the Tibur in the Trastevere neighborhood at the Arco Del Lauro. We spent an afternoon wandering around Trastevere and fell in love with it's authenticity. Plus, Rome is a very walkable city and that's the very best way to experience it. Crossing any of the bridges to get to the main part of Rome takes three minutes tops on foot.

Posted by
34 posts

Hi Linda....I saw the Trastevere area on the map but thought it was too far from many sights. How far is it from the train station, do you know?

Posted by
7737 posts

Per yahoo maps, it's about 2 1/2 miles from Termini to Trastevere.

Posted by
348 posts

Laura, we are staying at hotel della regioni in June. I made the choice by location - close to trevi and spanish steps and by price - I emailed directly for 110 euro per nighht but did it 8 months in advance and it rated very high with tripadvisor.com if you want ot look at the reviews - good and bad. Hope it helps let me know

Posted by
4 posts

I highly recommend Trianon Borgo Pio. Wonderful staff (Lori and Elisabetta) and great location. Suites include kitchenette.

Posted by
66 posts

Oceania....One of Rick's recommendations. Stayed here last March--very well priced for Rome, clean, close to restaurants, etc. Metro to Vatican...

Patricia