Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

Hello All,
Going to Rome in May. 2023 Looking for moderate price Hotels- 250.00 to 350.00. (ha.. if that is considered a moderate price?) Would like a bar, restaurant and possible a rooftop terrace bar/hangout area. Would prefer city center area.

Any suggestions? TY

Posted by
11208 posts

It meets your criteria but don’t know the prices now. We had a wonderful stay there. Antique building with a hip, modern interior, located on a quiet street back a block from busy area. Near Palazzo Navona and the Pantheon. Hotel Palazzo Navona,on Largo Della Sapienza.

Posted by
265 posts

Take a look at Smeraldo Hotel - lots of wonderful restaurants nearby, very helpful staff, and they do have a nice rooftop terrace where you can hang out during the day and in the evening it's a cozy bar area. It's pretty centrally located in the city and an easy walk to nearly everywhere. It's also in your price range. We spent a week there last fall and really liked it.

Posted by
106 posts

I'll second the Smeraldo! Have styed there three times and the location is ideal. The rooftop in the evening/night is magical. An excellent breakfast is included with your stay.

Posted by
307 posts

I am writing from Hotel Quirinale (Via Nazionale 7), a couple short blocks from the Republica Metro station, itself one stop from Termini.
Pros: Classic hotel, opened 1865, direct access to the Opera House if that's your thing. Beautiful classic interior. Bellhop took my bags from taxi to my room. That sort of thing. Easy access to the Metro.

Cons: some baths (including mine) have very tight showers and pedestal wash-basins with no counter space. Nb. I have a relatively cheap single room, larger rooms may be better.

Booked through United Hotels, back in March timeframe, before travel got crazy.