Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

My husband and I will be in Rome between June 26-June 30. I have looked through Rick's hotel picks. (And Trip Advisor) The two that seem to fit our needs are the Hotel Lancelot and the Hotel Nerva. Both are in the same area. Does anyone have any opinions on either place? Of the two, which would be better? Why? Thanks so much for your ideas!

Posted by
891 posts

Laura,
My husband & I stayed at Hotel Lancelot for 5 nights in Oct/2006. The hotel was very nice, people very accommodating, we liked the location. It rated very well on Venere. Mrs. Kahn, the owner, actually loaned me a brand new unused hot air/brush when mine kept blowing the circuit breaker. At the end of our stay she let me buy it for the rest of our trip. I now take it with me. We enjoyed being away from the more tourist areas, it's more residential once you get past the Coliseum. Grocery store, laundromat, travel agency in the area. The restaurants they sent us to we loved. We are going back to Rome in Sept & have reservations at Nerva Hotel because of reviews & price. Lancelot has gone up & we are trying to keep the budget down. Nerva is closer to the Metro stop. Lancelot area felt totally safe at night & we loved walking by the Coliseum all lit up on the way back to the hotel every night. Since we haven't actually stayed at Nerva this may not answer your question. One thing you could do is email each, ask for the best rate, tell them you found them through RS. Then maybe decide. If you have any more questions you can send me a PM. Have a Great trip, and I'll be interested to hear from you about what you decide!