Please sign in to post.

hotels in rome?????????

my husband and I are travelling to rome in April....at the moment we have reservations @ Hotel Canada and Residenzia Cellini.............can't decide which one we should stay at..........anyone out there who has stayed at either, any ideas as to which one we should stay at and why?
Price wise they are the same...........

Posted by
934 posts

Barbara I havnt stayed at either but stayed at Residence Adler which is run by the same people as Cellini and is one floor down.Adler will save you 40-50 e and to me is very nice with a great operator.We used the internet in Cellini and it looks a bit fancier.Adler has a great breakfast,nice outside breakfast room but the big thing is the manager who is great.The street they are on is a side street off a busy street 3 blocks from the train station.

Posted by
157 posts

I agree with Jack, also stayed at Adler which was nice. Residenzia Cellini is simply fancier and a floor up. If that is your desire, I'd stay there. Our hosts were Very nice people.

The area itself is a good location & safe. My son & I were able to walk to everything, except the Vatican. We took a cab to arrive @8:30 for the opening of the Vatican Museum. I think it was 8 Euros and my first experience in an Italian cab.......(Exciting/Scared to Death)...but we got there no problem.