Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Rome, Will be there May 28 - 31st? looking to spend under $125 per night.........I found two potentials with good ratings,
Hotel Palazzo Carpegna or Hotel Della Muse?
thanks in advance!

Posted by
132 posts

We stayed at Hotel Oceania. The price was right, the room was nice and the location was convenient.

Posted by
187 posts

aromabb.it

Loved it. We paid 100E per night, but it was off season, might be higher in May.

Posted by
32212 posts

Jeanne,

You might have a look at Hotel Aberdeen. It's in a convenient area close to Termini station.

Cheers!

Posted by
2297 posts

You're looking at under 90 Euro/night during high season. That is a very tight budget for a city like Rome. Just try to find something within that kind of budget in New York ... None of the hotels mentioned here, incl. your picks, would match your budget at that time of the year.

This one might work for you:

http://www.the-beehive.com/

Posted by
1003 posts

Don't know anything about the hotels you mentioned but we have stayed at both Hotel Italia and Hotel Smeraldo which is near Campo di Fiori. Both times we were here in the summer months so a/c was needed. Our room at Hotel Italia had a/c and a ceiling fan and we were very comfortable. The Smeraldo had knock your socks off ice cold a/c that felt amazing to come back to for a mid-day siesta.

Posted by
20 posts

thank you everyone. just wanted to let you know I did end up booking a hotel (Hotel Della Muse) got it for $402 for 3 night including breakfast. It has a lot a wonderful reviews. I spent many hours searching through the Rick Steve Italy book, and online. I did find that many of the direct hotel links where priced higher than the online booking engines like Kayak, orbitz, etc........I love RS's books and have many of them but find the hotels hard to find. Perhaps its just a busy time of year and they are already booked, in any case, I thank you all for you guidance.