Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Rome

We are traveling to Rome at the end of June...a party of 4 2 adults & 2 teens. We're having difficulty deciding on a hotel. Some look very charming but are either way above our budget, or, if affordable, have unfavorable and bleak reviews. Two have caught our interest Hotel Aberdeen and Hotel Lancelot. Has anyone stayed at either of these recently? We'll need a single rm. and a triple rm. priced moderately but not expensive.

Posted by
187 posts

Hi Angela,

I'll preface this with the fact that we haven't stayed here yet! But, we've had good experiences with aromabb.it Marco has been quick to respond, the reviews on Trip Advisor are great, and he has a couple of rooms that might work for you.

Check it out!

Good luck.

Posted by
32303 posts

Angela,

Although I haven't stayed there yet, after exhaustive research (reading Rick's book), I've decided to book with Hotel Aberdeen this year. I'll be there in May, so can let you know then.

It looks like a fantastic Hotel, so I'm sure I'll have a very pleasant stay.

Cheers!

Posted by
348 posts

What is your budget per night total for the 2 rooms ?

Posted by
3112 posts

I've stayed at Hotel Aberdeen multiple times, most recently in October 2008, and would recommend it. The hotel was remodeled a few years ago and is very nice, plus it's in a great location. A co-worker stayed at Hotel Lancelot and said she enjoyed her stay.

Posted by
99 posts

Love, Hotel Smeraldo. You can not beatthe heart of ZRome locaation or the price. Used to be in Rick Steves recommendations but I believe some people said that they were rude. We did not find this to be the case at all. My husband and I will be there for a week in June prior to a cruise to Greece that departs from Rome