Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Ravenna

Would appreciate recommendations for hotels in Ravenna. We plan to spend one day/night before going on to Venice.

Posted by
1214 posts

I had a lovely stay at Palazzo Galletti Abbiosi last year. It is a short walk from the train station and almost across the street from Basilica do Sant’Apollinare, one of the stunning sites of Ravenna. It’s also an easy walk to the other main sights of Ravenna. Beautiful comfortable room, comfy bed, welcoming staff, wonderful breakfast, elevator. I stayed there for five nights while doing a mosaics course at Koko Mosaico studio next door. I’ve also stayed twice at Hotel Centrale Byron in the center of town. It is a clean, efficient, business-style hotel. However if you are only in Ravenna for one night it might be much easier to stay where you don’t have to walk farther (like 20”) from the train station.

Posted by
6991 posts

Second vote for Palazzo Galletti
Lovely place, great location, really nice staff
Easy walk to station, sights, center
We stayed 2 nights

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you both. We booked a room based on your recommendation. It looks like a great place, and my wife is very particular. We'll be there in September.

Posted by
1214 posts

When walking from your hotel to Sant’Apollinaire, do stop in Koko Mosaico studio next door for ten minutes or so to admire the creative mosaics being made with historic materials by current Ravenna artists. Tell them Jane from New Orleans says hello!