Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Naples

Hi, I will be staying in Naples for 2 nights in July. I'm looking for a 2-3 star hotel at a good price. My concern is I know Naples has some not so great areas and I'm going as a single woman. That being said I've been overseas countless times with friends and alone so I know the basics. I was just hoping for some suggestions. Thanks!!

Posted by
7737 posts

Are you firm on the idea of staying in Naples or have you considered Sorrento? We stayed in Naples for three nights several years ago and wished we had stayed in Sorrento instead. That said, if your heart is set on Naples, the RS book has good recommendations. Best of luck.

Posted by
16 posts

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I'm actually staying in Sorrento for 4 nights prior to Naples. Honestly the only real reason I was staying there is I want a bit of shopping (retail chain store that isn't in Sorrento). Also, I'm flying out of Naples and didn't want to bus down the day of my flight.

I thought of changing it to 5 nights in Sorrento with just one in Naples but have always disliked the 1 night stops in places.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by
2 posts

We recently stayed at the Best Western Hotel Plaza...maybe 4 blocks walking distance from the train station. Beautiful interiors in the hotel, very helpful pleasant staff. Check it out on Trip Advisor and ignor the posts about the hookers ( they are 3 over 50 ladies with titanic tatas that sweep up the piazza between umm jobs

Posted by
32213 posts

Vickie,

You might have a look at Hotel Chiaia. It's located in a nice part of town and in the same building as an Embassy. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff wonderful. If that looks like it might fit your needs, I'd suggest booking as soon as possible! Check their webcam for a view of the street outside the Hotel. There's a fantastic Bar at the end of the street!

The Hotel is in a convenient location for walking to the Archeological Museum and a few other sights.

It's not close to the train station so a Taxi would be necessary. Be sure to read Rick's advice regarding Taxi's in Naples. For your trip to the airport, ask the Hotel to arrange the transportation as that will likely be a lot more reliable.

Happy travels!

Posted by
54 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Piazza Bellini this May
for two nights and had a great time in Naples.
The Bellini is on a quiet piazza, a three
block walk to the Archeological Museum and surrounded
by narrow streets packed with book stores, musical instrument shops and nice restaurants.

The Bellini received great reviews on TripAdvisor and
at 88 Euro per night with breakfast included, it's a deal. We're ex-New Yorkers (Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan) and never felt at risk wandering the streets into the late evening. Just stay sharp and
scan the horizon while you're taking in the local color.

But I concede we never dealt with mass transit: that could be another situation. The cab trips, however, were like a demented amusement park ride - worth experiencing at least once while in Napoli.