Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Milan

Three women are going to spend the night in Milan before our flight the next morning. Anyone been to Milan in the last 6 months and can you recommend a good hotel? Also besides the Domo and shopping areas what should we absolutely see. Thanks. Pat

Posted by
3551 posts

Milan is low on tourist sights but see La Scala opera house and Galleria V. Emanuele all a short walk from Duomo. Also stroll nearby Via Speronari street and visit Peck an elegant deli to have a latte or gelato.
Ricks books has all this info. If I do not stay in Varenna on Lake Como or Stresa the day bef I fly out I stay at "The Best" hotel (actual name)reasonable rates , very clean and elevators for Milan very short taxi ride or 15 min walk to Milan Centrale to pick up your bus to airport.hope this helps.

Posted by
1883 posts

My husband and I were in Milan on May 30. We stayed at Hotel Bern...just a couple of blocks from the train station...totally walkable. We walked to the center of town from here too...no bus or subway needed. it was about a 20 min walk, and very enjoyable.

Of course you will want to visit the Galleria, it's shopping, but the building is beautiful. it is in the main piazza just to the left of the Duomo.

Just exploring the area around the piazza is fun. and you can walk to the Sforza fortress from here too.

Milan is really mostly about shopping, not much to see past the piazza/duomo.

find Hotel Bern on www.verere.com Choose locations close to the train station. YOu can catch a bus to either airport on the right side of the station early morning. Purchase your ticket right from the bus driver. Much easier than a cab. When we were there...the taxis went on strike. No choice but the bus. it was easy, and cheap!

Posted by
125 posts

I don't know which airport you are leaving from but near Linate Airport we stayed at Air Linate in June of this year. It was pretty nice and the have an exceptional breakfast and water massage.

Posted by
683 posts

Spend as little time in Milan as possible, as it is a cipher. If you stay, we recommend Hotel Charly, which is fairly cheap and a good place, near a trattoria and within walking distance of the train station

Posted by
5 posts

We have stayed at Hotel Auriga and walked to the Duomo for a glass of wine, dinner and back to get ready for flight home. It was perfect for us.