Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Milan

Can anyone suggest a modest priced hotel in Milan. We are going in Sept. There will be 3 of us and we will be in Milan for 3 days. Thanks.

Ruth

Posted by
3551 posts

Modest is different for everyone but we stayed at "The Best" hotel near the train station. yes that is the name. We found it very clean with a vg brfast incl and air cond. at minute to subway.It is a short walk or taxi to hotel.The area is safe.www.thebesthotel.it
hope it works for you as Milan is very expensive.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you so much - do you know the approximate cost?

Ruth

Posted by
23 posts

We are staying in Starhotel Anderson; I think we are paying 150/Euros/night during the High Season (late July)....

Posted by
582 posts

The Hotel Ritter is downtown, and is under $100. I'm going in November, so that is a low season rate.
This has mixed reviews, but I love the location!
Have Fun!!
Lisa

Posted by
475 posts

we couldn't find a moderate priced hotel in Milan ;) Stayed at Hotel Ariosto and it was really nice and modern -best cappucino I had in Italy

Posted by
63 posts

We stayed at the "Best Hotel" in April and it wasn't the "best" as we were concerned. The bathroom was smelly with mold in the shower, the mattress on the bed really sank in the middle, and my wife swore she heard gunfire outside our window on the street below during the night. It was the worst place on the entire trip It's only redeeming value was that it was convenient as a stopover from Malpensa airport to our final destination of Varenna.

Posted by
204 posts

We made the mistake of staying at the Best Hotel in Milano one night before leaving the next day. It was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in in 60 years of travel. Dirty, loud, strange people hanging about. Plumbing did not work. Our room was on the patio and strange men sat on the patio all night and drank. And that was for one night. Stay ANY WHERE else. Rick has other choices but don't stay there.