Please sign in to post.

hotels in Milan

Can someone suggest a hotel in Milan for three adults? We will be there for two days in June and would like something central as we will not have a car.

Posted by
11363 posts

We loved Hotel Una Maison, about a block from the Duomo Piazza and metro. A little expensive, but oh so lovely and convenient!

Posted by
1883 posts

We booked a hotel on venere.com when we were in Milan. It was a few blocks from the train station, and a bit longer to walk to the main piazza, but a pretty direct route. We wanted to be near the train station as we planned day trips out each day. Once you've walked the center of Milan, not much reason to go back to see the Duomo or castle again! We stayed at Hotel Berne. It was lovely, and we got a great rate on venere.com I love venere.com because you can search by location, star rating, see the rate, features, and pictures of the hotels. Also, if you have any issues, you are able to cancel, within their window (normally 24 hours before arrival) without penalty.

Posted by
75 posts

Laura...thank you...I will check it out.
does anyone else have any suggestions in the event that it is booked (or too pricey!)

Posted by
75 posts

also...which section is best? We will be there for two days and want to see the Duomo and the Last Supper.
what else is worthwhile? We are leaving Milan and going to Lake Como.

Posted by
11363 posts

That's why we stayed in the very center of Milan, close to the Duomo. We had one afternoon there with a flight out the next morning to the US. I didn't want to spend a lot of time "commuting" to the center. It is a short trip to Santa Maria della Grazie. Following is from a post I did a couple of weeks ago. We did this in October. You can take the Metro from Centrale to the Duomo. Then from the Duomo, change lines to Cadorna Station. You need to walk a few blocks from Cadorna to Santa Maria delle Grazie. You can get walking directions on Google Maps. FWIW, check out the posting at http://www.ItalianNotebook.com about Santa Maria delle Grazie's history. There is a related post from some months ago about the history of "Cenacolo." You might want to subscribe to Italian Notebook. I've learned about a lot of great locations, festivals, and culture.

Posted by
672 posts

We just returned from Milan last week. We stayed at the Hotel Gran Duca di York (www.ducadiyork.com). It was clean, quiet, comfortable, served an excellent breakfast, and had a very helpful staff. Location-wise, it is literally across the street from the Pinoteca Ambrosiana and 5 minute walk to the Duomo. In fact, we walked to all of the sites (the Last Supper, Duomo, etc.) and never used public transportation. We would definitely stay there again.