Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Florence?

My husband and I will be in Florence for 2 nights in August. Can anybody reccommend a good place to stay there? Thank you!

Posted by
101 posts

Touist House Ghiberti - a block and a half from the Duomo, close to everything. Gracious ancient building with the B & B guest rooms maintaining the intregity of the building but with loads of modern conveniences, incl. flat screen tv, computer with free internet, and a large modern style bathroom, to name a few things. Plus a good a/c sytem. Nice breakfast, courtyard, and 8% discount for cash payment. We loved it.

Posted by
220 posts

Hotel Casci on Via Cavour is run by a very helpful and welcoming English speaking family.

Posted by
64 posts

we stayed at hotel maxim about 1/2 block from the duomo..it was great and the price was right..we would stay there again jo

Posted by
152 posts

Hotel Dali. Perfect location, incredible value (€80 double), the nicest Hotel Manager (Marco) we met in our entire 3 week trip in Italy. Fluent in English, makes museum reservations, and so helpful.

http://www.hoteldali.com/pages/view.htm

Posted by
131 posts

We just returned from a trip to Greece and Italy. While in Florence, we stayed at the IL BARGELLO B&B and loved it! We paid 120 E per night. It's only blocks from the Duomo and Uffizi. Wonderful full kitchen and living room for all to use. The owner, Gabrielle, is very nice and helpful. Here's the info.
Il Bargello B&B
Via de'Pandolfino 33
Ph: 39-055-294977
www.firenze-bedandbreakfast.it
info@firenze-bedandbreakfast.it

Posted by
32171 posts

Marie, I stayed at This Hotel on my last visit to Florence, and would certainly recommend it. It's certainly not a "luxury" hotel but I found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable and the prices were quite reasonable. The owner, Ignazio was extremely helpful (he took care of the reservations for the Uffizi and Accademia for me).

August is not far off, so you may have difficulty finding vacancies?

Good luck and happy travels!

Posted by
103 posts

We just returned from a trip that included Florence. We stayed at Residenza Il Villino and it was fabulous. Sergio is a wonderful, friendly host and the accomodations were beautiful. Private bath, very clean, safe, and a bountiful breakfast. I highly recommend it.

Posted by
400 posts

Hi Marie, Ditto what Shannon wrote. We stayed there also and loved it. It's not in RS's book but it should be. Shannon didn't mention the awesome rooftop terrace that overlooks the rooftops of Florence and the beautiful hills surrounding Florence. For the 120 Euro, it was one our favorite places to stay. Gabriella was not there at the time because she had just given birth. But Maggie, who also runs the B&B, was the most friendly person whom we met while traveling. We just loved her!

Posted by
122 posts

Interesting article in the paper this weekend about high end hotels who are having some difficulty filling their rooms and are thus offering deep discounts. Now mind you, the discounted prices are still higher than we want to pay - - - but it might be worth everyone checking this out: www.italiansummervacation08.com

Never hurts to have a look!

Posted by
411 posts

We spent a week in Florence at Hotel Dali. GREAT location with nearby market internet cafes laundromat three blocks from the Duomo. LOVELY owners Samanta and Marco they made our museum reservations for us and made many helpful suggestions to get the most from our stay.

Posted by
88 posts

We have made arrangements to stay in October at the Ape Rosa, a bed and breakfast accommodation. It is usually 110 Euro per night but because we are staying 4 nights it is 99 Euro. The price includes breakfast and parking in the garden. The B&B is just outside the historic centre of Florence, which you can reach either on foot in about half an hour, or by bus: nr.4 stops around the corner from the B&B which goes to the central station in about 10 minutes. We were trying to avoid driving in the city, so this works out great for us.

I haven't stayed there yet, but, Isabella, the owner has great command of English and has been of great assistance to me as I have planned our trip. Website if you are interested is http://www.aperosa.com/

Posted by
34 posts

Residenza Il Villino was great sergio and his wife are wonderful hosts!!!! Hotel Maxium can be hit or miss first time there room was great, second time room was not so great ( I was facing the main street)not that noise was a factor, but the room and bathroom were not pleasent

Posted by
251 posts

Pendini

Just steps from the main piazza, in between the Accademia and Uffizi, short walk to Vecchio bridge, moderate walk from train/bus station. Largest rooms we stayed in all over Europe. Free internet.

Best of all, large full breakfast buffet is included--pastries, cereals, yogurts, cheeses, ham, boiled eggs all the Americana coffee you want.

Posted by
160 posts

Hotel Balcony. Located near the Duomo. Clean, safe and friend, helpful staff.

Posted by
606 posts

Connie said,"Pendini...Just steps from the main piazza...Best of all, large full breakfast buffet is included..."

That's great to hear! We're booked at the Pendini next June, on Rick Steves' recommendation. I'm often amazed, when hotels are discussed here, that the Steves book picks often don't get mentioned. I've always found his advice very good.

Posted by
632 posts

Anyplace but the Pendini...go to TripAdvisor and read the reviews (including my own). I've been there twice and had both really nice experiences with the Hotel and really bad experiences...the trouble is, you can't predict which experience you will have...I should have known when they asked for payment in advance (before I had even seen my room)...there are far better alternatives in Florence, both small hotels in the same vacinity and nearby B&Bs...same price range, but much more predictable.

Posted by
20 posts

We stayed at Albergo Chiazza in June. Great location.

Posted by
189 posts

Casa Rabatti. It's also where RS stays with his family when he travels there (lots of Christmas cards from him on her bulletin board). We not only felt very taken care of by Mama Rabatti (she came after us to make sure we had taken our reservation number with us for the Uffizi) - she lives right there at the pensione - she poured our 12-year-old son a glass of wine! You should have seen his eyes. Location is great and walkable to everywhere. Out our window we could hear the chimes from the church.

Posted by
38 posts

Residenza Castaglioni ... a little jewel box of a hotel 1/2 block from the Duomo, the market place and includes a wonderful breakfast. The family that runs it is charming and very helpful. A perfect location to everything. 110euros per night.