Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Florence

We are traveling to Florence in February. We have narrowed down our choices a bit to the Hotel Casci or the Hotel Alessandra. Has anyone stayed at either? Any other suggestions? Thanks
Gary & Kelly

Posted by
14 posts

We just returned from a trip to Italy in late October and stayed at the Hotel Alessandra. It is a small hotel but well-located, within walking distance of most of Florence's sights (the Duomo, Uffizzi, Ponte Vecchio, etc.,) The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating, esp,. Andrea, the proprietor. We stayed in 2 different rooms (we bookended our trip with Florence) - 1 and 24. Room 1 was small and not remodeled; room 24 was larger and quite nice. We found the hotel a great value and would definitely recommend it.
Anne-Marie

Posted by
14 posts

btw forgot to mention - you have to take a flight of stairs from the entrance to the lift (which is tiny - only accommodating 1 person & 1-2 small suitcases). So if you have a disability or physical issues, this hotel may not be for you.
Anne-Marie

Posted by
107 posts

We stayed at Hotel Casci about 3 years ago. It was fine. Clean and well run. B-fast was very good. Near all the sites.
I recommend it. They also set up a tour for us to to go to Sienna.

Posted by
348 posts

I was very happy with my stay at Hotel Calziouli. Reasonable and great breakfast and great location. We went in June of 2010. Email for rates

Posted by
220 posts

Gary,
I have stayed in the Casci several times and always recommend it. I was in Florence last month and saved quite a bit by renting an apt. through VRBO. That is a good option if you are staying for a week or more.