Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Cinque Terre

Hi!

I am looking for hotel/ B&B suggestions for Cinque Terre (2 nights). We will be traveling there in March (off-season) so recommendations are greatly appreciated. We are looking to staying either in Monterosso or Vernazza. Thanks!!

Posted by
388 posts

Hotel Pasquale in Monterosso is fantastic, as is its sister property, Villa Steno. Both are in Old Town.
Not sure if they're open as early as March, but highly recommend.

Posted by
7049 posts

There are lots of hotel reviews on www.booking.com so give it a shot...at least you can narrow down the field and get a sense of prices and availability. I like to compare their rates with the hotel's own website (if hotel website is lower, I book directly with hotel).

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed at Affittacamere La Villa Degli Argentieri in Monterosso in Apr-May 2015. Rates were reasonable; a good buffet breakfast is included; it has an elevator; it's a level walk a couple of minutes from the train station, and it's near public parking. You can't beat this hotel for convenience. The desk people were very professional and helpful when I thought I lost my wallet.

Posted by
1059 posts

Hotel Villa Steno was the best hotel that I have stayed in during my 6 trips to Europe. Room 6 had a great patio with a fantastic view. As mentioned in a previous post, they may not be open in early March. The hotel is located on a hill so if you have difficulty walking, I would not recommend it.

Posted by
32220 posts

sg,

You'll probably have the best chance of finding hotels open at that time of the year in Monterosso (especially if you're there in the latter part of March). It's the largest of the five towns and therefore has the greatest number of hotels and other accommodations.

As someone suggested in a previous reply, either Hotel Villa Steno or Hotel Pasqulale would be excellent choices. Villa Steno received a Trip Advisor award earlier this year. They will both be closed for the season now, but once you have your dates finalized I'd suggest contacting them and booking as soon as possible! At that time of year, finding a room should be easier.

While Villa Steno is located part way up the hill in the old town, it's not a problem to get there as you can take a Taxi from the station (the cost should be under €10). Once you're checked in you can use the shortcut through the garden to reach Via Roma (it does involve stairs but it's very easy).

If you need other hotel suggestions, post another note.