Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Cinque Terra?

We will be in florence and want to train to CT for one night, what is the best way to do this and any ideas on where to stay. We are a Family of four. Thanks

Posted by
32253 posts

Lora, The train connections are very easy. For example, the travel time to Monterosso will be ~2H:30M, with one or two changes, either in Pisa or La Spezia. The times will vary slightly if your destination is one of the other towns in the Cinque Terre. It's difficult to recommend places to stay, without having some idea on your price range and the "comfort level" that you prefer. It would be a good idea to have a look at the Italy Guidebook, as there are lots of choices listed there. Monterosso would probably be the best choice in terms of which town to stay in, as it's the largest and therefore has the largest number of accommodations (as well as the best beaches). When are you planning to take this trip? Happy travels!

Posted by
359 posts

another vote for Monterosso Ken has good information train is very easy from Florence
for hotels check RS guidebook and maybe tripadvisor for hotels in your price range

Posted by
8 posts

Given the recent flood damage to Vernazza and Monterosso, you would be wise to check to see what is open. You don't mention when you will be there, so I'm not sure how much this will affect you. I am going at the end of April and booked rooms in Manarola a month or so ago, and found a few of e less expensive places booked already. Check the info on Rick's website re Cinque Terre for more info on businesses that are open, etc.

Posted by
25 posts

This information is very helpful thank you.
We are going at the end of May.

Posted by
32253 posts

Lora, As you'll be travelling at the end of May, the majority of businesses in all of the C.T. towns should be open for business. Regarding the current status of those in Monterosso and Vernazza, the following links have current information: Monterosso Vernazza I'd highly recommend booking accommodations SOON! Cheers!