Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Bologna

I am considering a cooking class at the pasta school. Can anyone recommend a centrally located, nice, 'Rick Steves-like' hotel to stay at for 3-4 days?

Posted by
7737 posts

How soon are you going? We'll be staying at the Albergo Delle Draperie in a couple of weeks and can let you know after that. (Others on this site have had good things to say about it. Google it for its website.)

Posted by
2207 posts

Kate - we've been to Bologna and stayed at
the Alloro Suite Hotel at Via Ferrarese, 161, 40128, Bologna, Italy. The Phone # is +39 (051) 372960 and the website is: [email protected]

It's about a mile and a half, out of central Bologna but right on the bus line (#25). The bus stops directly in front of the hotel and it's a 5-10 minute ride. Busses run until midnight. In Bologna you can buy tickets on most of the busses.

The hotel is very modern, clean and cost us only 62 Euros a night 2 weeks ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back again!

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
5 posts

Hi Michael:

I won't be going til September or October. Would love to hear your opnion when you return!

Kate

Posted by
26 posts

In August my family will be statying at Albergo Centrale, www.albergocentralebologna.it. The hotel is very centrally located, just off the main piazza. Go to venere.com to see reviews, which are mostly positive. Some of the negative reviews complain about hotel renovation noise that is now completed, so that won't be a problem. Albergo delle Drapperie, www.albergodrapperie.com is also a good option and was my first choice - but no quads for my family of four. Good luck and enjoy Bologna. It's a wonderful city.

Posted by
143 posts

I liked the Hotel Roma, a block south of Piazza Maggiore on Via d'Azeglio. Good gelato (Grom) next door, and you can walk everywhere. Bologna is a great place for a foodie to visit.

Posted by
1540 posts

I was also looking for a budget hotel in Bologna and I spotted the Centrale on the internet. I think the location is ideal. I have heard that one should try to stay near the Piazza Maggiore - center of town.

Looks like I can walk from the train station to the Centrale. Any advice on that?

I have also heard good things about Hotel Roma mentioned above.
Frances