Please sign in to post.

Hotel Villa Steno

Has anyone driven to this hotel in Monterosso? We are coming from the Portofino area and are hoping to park at this hotel which is on the old town side of Monterosso

Posted by
32198 posts

carole,

I haven't driven to Hotel Villa Steno (I usually take a taxi from the station) but a few points to note.....

There are two routes to drive into Monterosso and I believe you have to use different exits. Hopefully Roberto or one of the others can confirm that. One accesses the "new town" and a large car park on the beach. It is not possible to access Villa Steno from that road as the town is a ZTL area so private cars are prohibited. There's another exit to Monterosso which access the "old town" and leads onto Via Roma which is the street which you'll use to get to the hotel car park (it will be a right turn). There is a ZTL sign at the top of Via Roma, but I can't remember where it is in relation to the hotel entrance. Even if the sign is before the hotel entrance, I doubt you would have a problem. You'll have to drive under an apartment building to reach the hotel.

I using the "old town" access route, there's also a large concrete car park not far far from the hotel and outside the ZTL sign. They were building a new car park right next to it but that was stalled for years, and I'm not sure where it's at now?

One other point to note is that parking at the hotel is limited and I believe "first come, first served". Your best bet would be to contact the hotel to get up-to-date information.