Please sign in to post.

Hotel Smeraldo, Rome

We have followed Rick's recommendation and have booked a double room at Hotel Smeraldo in the Pantheon neighborhood. The only apparent hitch is that they do not designate rooms as smoking and non-smoking. We find cigarette smoke pretty obnoxious. Does anyone have experience with this hotel? We've pretty much resigned ourselves to "When in Rome......."
Carol

Posted by
18 posts

When we went in May, we had a double room and a triple room that were connected. We had the same concerns you did, but there was no smell of smoke. The hotel worked out great. The rooms were small, but they were clean and the hotel location was perfect. Based on my experience, you should (hopefully) be ok.

Posted by
3258 posts

Hi Carol, We've also had a good experience staying at Hotel Smeraldo. The location is perfect and we didn't notice the smoke. Enjoyed breakfast at a cafe just across the street--there is also a great pastry shop nearby!

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks, Al and Sharon. That's really what I hoped to hear.
Carol

Posted by
14 posts

It's been since 2006. But I stayed at Hotel Smeraldo and thought it was a great room and location. I don't remember the smell of smoke.

Posted by
1003 posts

We also stayed here in the summer of 2006. We had 2 rooms for our family of 4 and we did not have any problem with smoky smell. The rooms were small but very nice and the location was great. Their a/c worked very well which was fabulous as it was very hot when we were there.