Please sign in to post.

Hotel Riva, Venice

Have you had a recent experience with the Hotel Riva in Venice? I am scheduled to be their two nights in in September 2011. I just received the note below from them. I am wondering about "the the big technician problems in our hotel." Do you know what the problem could be? with reference to your booking we inform you that due the big technician problems in our hotel we had to close more than half of the rooms, that's why we have to change some of your room bookings, ONLY IF YOU AGREE now you have 2 rooms like reserved with canal view and private bath, then: - one room without canal view and with private bath - Euro 120 per night with breakfast and - one double room with canal view and external bath in front of the room - Euro 100 per night with breakfast. Let me know asap if is ok for you and sorry for the inconvenience but believe for us is a very hard time to change everything. Kind regards Daniela Hotel Riva Castello nr. 5310 Ponte dell' Angelo
Venezia, 30122, Italia

Posted by
7737 posts

My guess is that the "big technician problems" is likely a plumbing problem that must be pretty serious. Personally, as sympathetic as I am to their plight, I would cancel and book elsewhere. I wouldn't want to take a chance on having lodging problems in the most beautiful city on earth. Can you imagine what the smell might be like if it's a sewage problem? Happy travels.

Posted by
3112 posts

I too have a reservation at Hotel Riva in September, but haven't received a similar e-mail. I'm now curious to find out what the "big technician problems" are.

Posted by
157 posts

What are your dates? I'm suspicous because it's still almost three months prior to our arrival. They'll still have problems in late September??? Must be a pretty big problem. Or I'm thinking we may have been bumped out of the canal view rooms by someone with more clout? If it's a sewer problem it stinks and if we got bumped it stinks just as bad or worse!!!

Posted by
3112 posts

Hank, sent you a private message with the dates.