Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendations for Venice around €150/night?

My husband and I are first time visitors to Venice and looking for a centrally located hotel from which to explore. We prefer a small, service-oriented type hotel with character. Currently considering Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo as well as Hotel al Duca de Venezia but am open to any suggestions. We are also ending our trip to Italy in Venice so access to transportation back to airport is a consideration. Many thanks!

Posted by
6898 posts

You can easily do this at the Hotel Messner in Dorsoduro. It's about 500' from the great Santa Maria della Salute church. Very nice , clean and quet albeit small. No canal views. We paid 111E.

Posted by
1825 posts

I've stayed at both Al Ponte Mocenigo and Pensione Guerrato. I loved both. For best location though, I'd consider Pensione Guerrato. It is right next to the fruit and veg market at Rialto. Both are close to vaparetto stops, so transportation shouldn't be an issue.

Posted by
29 posts

My husband & I spent the first part of our honeymoon in Venice at Albergo San Samuele - 90 euro per night for a double with a shared bath, but I think you can get a double with a private bath for 120 or so if you don't want to share. It's right off the vaporetto stop for San Samuele (less than a block, and virtually impossible to get lost while finding it), and you can also get a traghetto to cross the Grand Canal, and about a 5 minute walk from the Accademia bridge, but it's still in a pretty quiet, uncrowded area. I don't think they have any canal views, but we had a lovely view of the calle from our window. The staff was very nice and helpful, we'll definitely go back.

Posted by
951 posts

Al Ponte Mocenigo was amazing. We had the only balcony room, number 5. the room was beautiful. W and Sandro were so very nice and helpful. The breakfast was delicious. And the location was very close to San Stae vaporetto stop. I would stay there again and again. This is my tripadvisor review where you can view my pictures of the room and hotel. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187870-d558796-r90245054-Hotel_Al_Ponte_Mocenigo-Venice_Veneto.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT Edit: we went in December and paid 120 euro per night.

Posted by
7737 posts

You don't say when you'll be there, but lodging prices in Italy vary greatly according to the season. Good luck.

Posted by
31 posts

Beginning of October 2011 is when we will be there. Thanks to all who replied already - I am busy researching all the options.

Posted by
6898 posts

Allyson, please note that many places in Venice want a multiple night stay during the high season. You may not have difficulties in October.

Posted by
782 posts

I just booked a room for my sister-in-law at Locanda la Corte for only 95 euros per night. They have more expensive rooms as well. It's in R.Steves book. It looks nice and is in a great location. It is east of the Rialto Bridge, probably a 5-7 minute walk to the bridge and also to St. Marks square. It has a pretty courtyard with dining and it bills itself as both a B&B and Boutique Hotel. Buffet breakfast is included in the price.

Posted by
66 posts

In October 2010, we stayed at the charming 10-room Hotel Galleria (150 Euro/night). Not all the rooms have a view of the canal, so be sure to request one that does. It's located at the foot of the Accademia Bridge (so, it can be a bit noisy with all the people lingering on the bridge) and near a vaparetto stop (although it may be further down the canal than you want to be if you're looking for something closer to the train station in order to get to the airport in a hurry). Very pleasant staff. Continental breakfast is included and delivered right to your room. Not far from St. Mark's Square. www.hotelgalleria.it

Posted by
10226 posts

I found that Pensione Guerrato was very well located, both for walking and it is by a vaporetto stop, and the price was pretty good - for Venice anyway. Our lodging in Venice was far more expensive than anywhere else we stayed.

Posted by
75 posts

has anyone stayed at Locanda Correr...it seems a bit pricey @ 170 euros per night in June. Any opinions?