Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendations for Florence

I'll be traveling to Italy when things open up, and since I won't be renting car, I've decided to do day trips out of Florence. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel near the train station? I'm assuming a lot of these bus day trips around Tuscany leave from Santa Maria Novella. Am I wrong about that?

Posted by
6319 posts

Catherine, there are lots of hotels in easy walking distance of Santa Maria Novella station. And since the station is not far from the Duomo and other major sites, you'll have plenty from which to choose. Any good guidebook will list hotels in a range of prices. What do you consider "reasonably priced?"

And yes, the bus stations is right down by the train station.

Posted by
464 posts

I would recommend Hotel Albani which is tucked away on Via Fiume 12, a quiet street only about 2 blocks around the corner from the train station. (Walk left down Piazza della Stazione, then right onto Piazza Adua, then right onto Via Fiume). We enjoyed an upper floor room with a balcony that looked out onto an inner courtyard. From Hotel Albani it was easy to walk to the Duomo, the Accademia Museum, Piazza Repubblica, the Uffizi, the Ponte Vecchio, and Piazza della Signoria. You can see photos of Hotel Albani on Trip Advisor. It is Traveler's choice hotel and also has a nice breakfast.

Posted by
2304 posts

hey hey catherine
“reasonable“ has different meanings for us. how many days, time of year (A/C if summer) any mobility issues (elevator/lift), how many people, hotel/apartment, budget in euros?
aloha

Posted by
4877 posts

Check out Hotel California -- yep that's the name. Very easy to walk to almost everything in Florence itself, and not too far from the train station.

Posted by
62 posts

We stayed in hotel perseo florence. It is walking distance ( barely 3 to 4 min) from station.
Great rooms, good breakfast and really warm hosts.
From the room on the top floor , duomo can be seen.

Posted by
267 posts

Residenza Giotto B&B...great location (10 min walk to train station
and right next to the Duomo- a terrace with great views & cool
Italian elavator) and very reasonable...It's in Rick's book under
places to stay in Florence and a great place in the center of all
Florence has to offer-all sights within a ten minute walk-highly
recommend-we had a great stay there a few summers ago...

Posted by
48 posts

We have stayed at Hotel Maxim on Via dei Calzaiuoli on two different occasions...literally in the heart of Florence, in the middle of everything, steps away from the Duomo and Piazza Della Signorella. We will never stay anywhere else.