Please sign in to post.

hotel near rome terminus in last week of june 2015

a economy hotel with breakfast

Posted by
23240 posts

Define economy hotel with upper limits in euro.

Posted by
23240 posts

Three triples, or a quad, triple, and a double. Remember most rooms in Rome are priced per person and not just a price for a room as is more common in the US.

Posted by
5202 posts

Anil.kkindus,

A few years ago, we stayed at Domus Aurea Hotel.

Our room was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced (we were there in October). The hotel staff were very helpful & nice.

Breakfast is great & served in the roof terrace.

The hotel is a 1-minute walk from Termini Train Station.
You can read about this hotel here: http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/domus.html

and here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d233377-Reviews-Exe_Domus_Aurea-Rome_Lazio.html

Posted by
32198 posts

anil,

You might have to increase your budget. I doubt that you'll find anything near Roma Termini for €50, except for a Hostel (which may not provide breakfast).

Posted by
752 posts

Via Milazzo 4/6, Hotel Mirage, Hotel Halifax, Bed and Breakfast Caroline Suites. Good mattresses, good breakfasts, economical.

Posted by
4105 posts

I have not stayed here,http://www.the-beehive.com/ but have used their other site, Cross-pollinate.com. and was very happy with it. Very close to Termini. Dorms, rooms at a variety of prices. Cross-pollinate has apartments which might work out for your group.

Posted by
96 posts

I would not stay at Beehive. When we got there, they said the only room they had was a mixed-gender dorm with bunk beds. I had reserved a room. We were two older women. The girl hemmed and hawed for about 5 minutes, then said they had an apartment, which was being repaired that we could use. Also unacceptable. I had to argue with her for several minutes before she finally "found" the list of other local places. She said we could only stay 2 nights there and then come back to Beehive, where things would be ready. Well. I went to the place she recommended and told the clerk we would be staying there for the entire 5 days. He hesitated until I told him what happened then he reluctantly agreed. Cutest little hostel. Loved it. If I can find the name I will post it. Not too far from Termini, either.

Posted by
506 posts

We always stay at the Aberdeen (suggested in Rick Steve's Italy), they have always been great, about a 10min easy walk to the train station. They have some standard double rooms for 85 euro's a night and they include breakfast.

Posted by
33 posts

I agree with Back2Italy. We stayed in the Hotel Italia several years ago and it was quite satisfactory.

Margaret

Posted by
5 posts

thanks a lot to everyone.
some of the suggested hotels were not available on my dates.
I have booked hotel nord nuova roma

Posted by
46 posts

Try the hotel Sonya. Walking distance to the Termini and in a good area. Reasonable prices and a decent italian breakfast. Go early as it is a small breakfast room. By the way the Sonya is a Rick Steves recommended hotel.