Please sign in to post.

Hotel near Rome airport

We are arriving in Rome early morning in October and looking to book a place for 2 nights close to airport before departure to Amalfi coast. Would greatly appreciate suggestions for reasonable priced accommodation.

Posted by
2693 posts

We just stayed in Sigis Residence in Fiumicino. It was 85 Euros for a room.

Pros: Newly remodeled with nice spacious room, restaurants within walking distances, reliable pay shuttle to airport available (20 Euros after 7 am, before 7 am 25 Euros.) Less than 10 minutes to airport. Outdoor area with tables.

Cons: No breakfast but coffee and tea available. We never saw any employee in the hotel. The shuttle driver checked us in.

Posted by
1075 posts

I’ve stayed in Fiumicino as well 3 times for early flights. It is true that if you’re already in Rome, there is no need to have an airport hotel. It’s a quick and easy taxi ride and you can enjoy Rome on your last evening. I’ve done that often too. But if you are arriving from somewhere else just to catch a flight, Fiumicino is relaxing and pleasant. There are good places to eat, nice seaside walks to enjoy and relax before a long flight.

Most of the small hotels/B&Bs will be in the price range of 80-100 Euros/night. Most include a packaged breakfast - a croissant and coffee or maybe some cake options. Nothing too exciting. I’ve used the 3 below, and I would return to any of them:
Rome Airport Inn
Il Granello
Capitani Guest House

Edit: most of the guest houses offer shuttle service for about 20 Euros. A taxi from Rome is a fixed 50 Euros. So IMO, that isn’t enough of a difference to move to an airport hotel instead of staying in Rome. But again, if Rome isn’t on your itinerary, Fiumicino is a good choice.

Posted by
15868 posts

If you land in the early morning and plan to go to Amalfi coast after two nights in Rome I am not sure why you want to stay near the airport. I doubt you plan to fly to Amalfi, since the most logical way is to go by train via Salerno, therefore your plan really makes no sense to me.

Assuming you don’t want to go immediately to Amalfi but rather spend the first two nights in Rome, you should stay in the city. If you want to stay near the Termini station, where trains to Salerno depart from, for the convenience of getting to the train, you can as there are plenty of reasonably priced hotels near the station, although it is not my absolutely favorite area of Rome.

If your plan was to use a car service (limo service) to Amalfi (the most expensive albeit a very convenient option), you can ask the limo company to pick you up at whichever hotel you decide to stay.

If your plan was to rent a car to drive to Amalfi I would advise you against that option. Driving in the Amalfi coast is problematic due to the horrendous traffic on the narrow Amalfi coast, and the scarce and expensive parking options.

Posted by
7024 posts

If you are heading to Amalfi after your 2 days in Rome there is no reason to stay at FCO. Makes more sense to stay in the center
Take a taxi- fixed rate 50 euros- to a hotel near Termini- there are lots of perfectly fine hotels there
Here is one
https://www.hotelsonya.com

Or honestly stay wherever you like in the center- you don't have to be near train station. If you are taking train to AC- take a cab to station from your hotel.
2 days is a good amount of time to enjoy a bit of Rome.

Posted by
129 posts

Best Western at FCO is where we stayed. It was really pricy for the size of the room and the airplanes take off and land RIGHT over your head. It was convenient however. 8E shuttle per person to the airport. And the restaurant was outstanding, if a bit expensive.

Posted by
16395 posts

We are arriving in Rome early morning in October and looking to book a
place for 2 nights close to airport before departure to Amalfi coast.

Staying close to the airport makes no sense if you intend to spend those 2 nights/1.5 days exploring central Rome. It's too far out. Additionally, WHERE and HOW you intend to travel onward to the coast makes a difference as well.

Reasonable? My idea of that price and yours may be very different. What is your per-night budget, and what are your non-negotiable, must-have amenities?