Please sign in to post.

Hotel near FCO

We would like to stay near airport the night before our return flight and drop off car in the morning. Any recommendations?

Posted by
87 posts

We stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport Rome FCO in the summer of 2019 before we flew back the next day. It was a modern chain hotel. I have no complaints. It's a nice hotel and we took a taxi to go eat somewhere outside of the hotel but I think they have a restaurant. We had an early am departure so we just used the hotel as a place to sleep prior to leaving Italy. Pretty much everyone who was staying there was either flying in or out of FCO.

Posted by
15874 posts

I've always stayed at the Rome Airport Hilton (last time in July 2022). It is right at the airport across from the terminal and reachable on foot through the aerial walkway. I generally return the car at the airport when I arrive and walk from the car return to the hotel (the car return is half way between the terminal and the hotel using the same walkway).

It's probably a bit more expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn suggested above (which is just a couple of miles away), but check the prices of both and decide.

Posted by
5442 posts

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn this May, as the regular Hilton kept raising their prices. Book early, and if you're lucky, you can apply some credit card rewards points. There is a casual restaurant in the Garden Inn. The hotel was fully booked the night we stayed there. The free shuttle runs 24 hrs. Safe travels!

Posted by
1075 posts

I prefer to stay just outside the airport in the little town of Fiumicino. There are lots (and lots) of small bed and breakfast places, nice restaurants, a beach to stroll along your last night. Drop off your car and take a cab from the airport, it’s a 7-minute ride. Relax and reminisce about your trip while eating fresh fish. 7 minutes back in the morning and you’re at the terminal with no stress.