Please sign in to post.

Hotel near FCO

Where do you suggest we stay in order to take a morning flight out of FCO? We'd like to be relatively close to the airport and near a train station since we'll be arriving by train from Pisa the night before.

Posted by
103 posts

I agree that the Rome Hilton airport hotel's rooms aren't as nice as the usual Hilton-expect for the Executive Floor which is very very comfy with an excellent lounge. The food and drink they provide there is more than enough for a light dinner (pasta, pizza, cheese, fruit, sandwiches, cakes, etc.). So factor that into the cost and comfort equation. It takes about 7-10 minutes to walk to Terminal 1. Not sure on the other terminals, but I believe they will be a bit farther.

Posted by
32216 posts

Christie, The easiest choice (if your budget will allow) is the Rome Airport Hilton, as it's right at the airport and just a short walk into the Terminals. When you arrive from Pisa, take the Leonardo Express to the airport and walk to the Hotel (it's very easy - part of the walk is via "moving sidewalks"). In the morning you can walk directly to your departure terminal (depending on which one your flight leaves from).

Posted by
361 posts

We just returned from Rome. 1.) If you take the Leonardo Express it begins running at 6 A.M. and runs every half hour.
2.) The Airport Hilton is a good choice and it is very close to FCO. It may cost more than hotels a little farther out but for piece of mind and if you calculate in taxi fares for those hotels which are not as close it is probably your best choice.

Posted by
358 posts

I have stayed at the Rome airport Hilton Hotel which is not up to the usual Hilton standards however easy walk to the airport. The hotel is expensive and if you have Hilton points this would be the best way to book a room.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you, Gentlemen, for your replies! That was the hotel I was looking at, so it must be where we should stay. Thanks for the helpful information.

Posted by
1449 posts

If you're not arriving by train at 10pm or something, I'd suggest getting a hotel in the vicinity of where the train arrives which is Roma Termini in the heart of Rome and not the airport in most cases. Spend an evening in Rome having a nice dinner, walking around the fountains, etc. and then take a taxi the next morning to the airport for a flat rate. Or, if by "morning flight" you mean 9am or later then you can take the train to the airport. A few years ago we made the choice to stay by the airport for convenience; we paid heavily for the hotel, probably more than a room in Rome plus a taxi to the airport would have cost. And had zero ambience, plus a seriously overpriced hotel dinner. Will never do that again!