Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Venice

I am looking for any suggestions for hotels in Venice. My parents will be coming to visit and we are going for a couple of days. My RS book "disappeared" and I am without at the moment. Any suggestions for a nice, easily accessible reasonable hotel would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Posted by
160 posts

We stayed at Hotel Arcadia in the Canneregio section of Venice. Very clean, nice staff.

Posted by
466 posts

Try this website www.cross-pollinate.com It's a B&B booking service for Rome, Venice and Florence. It's run by an american couple living in Rome. The prices are reasonable and usually breakfast is included.

Posted by
7209 posts

I can personally recommend both the Pensione Accademia and the Palace Bonvechiatti. Both were superb places. The Pensione has more of an old-world charm and it once was the old Russion Embassy. The Palace is in a terrific central location with modern and spacious rooms.

Both of these places offer canal-side rooms.

Posted by
1 posts

We stayed at Hotel Belle Arti in Dorsoduro in OCT 2006 with a Rick Steves' tour, and we are going back on our own this fall. The hotel is very niace and is away from the central tourist areas of Venice if that is your preference. Check it out at http://www.hotelbellearti.com/

Enjoy!

Posted by
705 posts

I stayed at Pensione Accademia and loved it. As the post above said it was the russian embassy and has large rooms and a garden at the back. I found it very reasonably priced with a good breakfast and in a great position. It's just a couple of minutes from the vaporetto stop and easy to walk to St Marcos Square and other popular spots.

Posted by
711 posts

Laurita... We really liked the Campiello. It is very close to everything, most importantly the boat dock on the Riva. They have air-conditioning, a wonderful buffet breakfast, a computer for everyone to use, a Rick Steves' discount if you pay cash and tell them at the time of booking,and they take credit cards , also. They have all sizes of rooms.