Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Venice

I will be in Venice one day in May. I would like to stay near the attractions and would like to pay 250. or less. Let me know if you have any reccomendations.

Posted by
11337 posts

Carla:
$250 is a lot! You can stay at a nice B&B for far less. We paid 95 euro for a room 5 minutes from San Marco. That's about $133. Check Rick Steves' book on Venice, Trip Advisor and many other posts in this forum for advice on lodging. My pick was Ai Tagliapietra (www.aitagliapietra.com). You can save $100 to spend shopping, having great wine, or taking a nice tour! And in a B&B you'll meet other travelers and be more likely to connect to the city, IMHO.

Posted by
1018 posts

In addition to tripadvisor.com you could check venere.com for some choices. Both sites provide choices, map locations, pricing, and client reviews from people who actually stayed there. Buon viaggio,

Posted by
6 posts

Thank You for the reccomendation. I did check the site out and there were some good suggestions.

Posted by
5 posts

You can certainly pay a lot less and have a wonderful experience, we stayed at http://www.bedandbreakfastalteatro.com and the rate was 90 Euro for two people, very nice clean room, English speaking, rooms overlook the crossroads of a couple of canals. Innkeeper Eleonora was born in this house and there is quite a history but you will also have all the privacy you want as well! Any questions, you'd like to ask, please do!

Posted by
22 posts

Ca San Giorgio- Very helpful staff, nice enough breakfast for Italy and between Rialto and trainstation. I think we paid E120 or 140/night.

Posted by
45 posts

Carla - we have booked a room in Venice in May at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. 150 E per night. I don't know if there is a minimum stay, thought. Gets good reviews on TA. Martin.