Please sign in to post.

hotel in Sorrento

Any recommendations for a hotel in Sorrento for May 09?

Posted by
267 posts

il nido, great rooms , food and graet staff good luck :):)

Posted by
63 posts

You could do worse than the Zi Teresa. It's just off the main drag and only a short walk to the train station, docks, and the main piazzas.

Posted by
344 posts

Hotel Desiree
E-mail Address(es):
hoteldesiree@alice.it

Very basic, but clean and a great staff.
Ask for a room with a view, its nice. No AC or TV's, but in May you should be OK.
They have a nice roof deck to drink wine and relax, as well as a small beach.
If you can spend more, then you have many great hotels to try.

Posted by
6 posts

Casa Astarita, great location, includes breakfast and is walking distance to the train station. We stayed there last month and had a great time.

Posted by
10 posts

We have just returned from one month in Italy spending 4 nights in Sorrento. We stayed at Hotel Minerva and found it to be the most wonderful place we've ever stayed. The view is truly astounding and the friendly, helpful hotel staff is outstanding. The hotel is featured in Rick's book. It is a bit more expensive but they do offer "Rick" rates if you as for them at time of inquiry. We found it's location up the hill from the crowded streets of Sorrento provided quiet rest and relaxation. We hope to visit there again. I might make a suggestion for a wonderful day. We rented a scooter and had the most fabulous day during our trip. We skipped the awful mobbed buses and shared a scooter and headed to Positano and Amalfi. I thought I could'nt ride a scooter but I never had so much fun! My husband came home and bought a scooter!

Posted by
64 posts

Terri,
We just got back from Sorrento and stayed at the Antica Mura. It is a Rick Steves recommended hotel and has great reviews on travelocity. It is located just half a block off the Piazza Tasso in the center of the city. I was hooked when I saw the pool surrounded by lemon and orange trees. In acuality, it is a beautiful as the pictures. The staff are fabulous and very accomodating. We are dying to go back and will stay there again on our next trip.

Debby

Posted by
689 posts

We are partical to Hotel Bellavista - between Sorrento and Massa Lubrense. They are right on the bus stop and have been known to drive their guests into Sorrento if the bus isn't convenient!

http://www.francischiello.it/

It is a pretty amazing property.

Posted by
32202 posts

I'd also like to recommend Hotel Desiree. As the previous post indicated, it's a "true RS back door Hotel" with no A/C, TV or Elevator but the staff was wonderful! It shares a driveway with La Tonnarella and also beach access I believe.

I was there in May and the weather was great (perfect for drinking wine on the rooftop patio in the late afternoon!). It's a bit of a walk from the city centre, but I didn't feel the distance was excessive.

Happy travels!