Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

We are planning on staying in Rome for 4 nights early next June. We will have 3 full days and would like to be in a very convenient location. We were thinking of staying at the Hotel due Torri (RS book) and I do see mixed reviews elsewhere online. We are fine with a small room but it is important to us to have a clean, quiet (light sleeper) comfortable & convenient location. Does not have to be fancy but don't want shabby. We are looking in the range of 200 Euros a night. Has anyone recently stayed there? Any suggestions for requesting room location, etc? Thank you,
Sharon

Posted by
2023 posts

We stayed there two years ago in late may and liked the hotel. The room was not especially small and it was quiet and had a great location. It is on a very tiny street near Via Scrofa and this street gets little traffic. Our van driver had difficulty finding Hotel due Torri (no gps) and the van was too large to fit the narrow street-we were let off a block away.They do a great breakfast and the hotel has a helpful staff. I have to add that they have some very honest maids-there was opportunity for theft (item inadvertently left out of safe) and we were amazed - item was a rather expensive ring - husband located the maid and gave her a very nice tip. It is a short walk to the Pantheon, Campo Fiori, etc.

Posted by
7737 posts

If you're a light sleeper, definitely take along some foam earplugs that you can pick up in any drugstore. They can make all the difference in case there ends up being a party below your window or some other unexpected noise. Happy travels.

Posted by
34 posts

Susan, Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any suggestions for requesting a room on an upper floor, balcony, etc?
Thank you!

Posted by
15144 posts

200 Euro a night is a price sufficient to get you some very nice accommodations in Rome.
The location is in the Centro Storico, therefore very conveniently located for a walk to the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Spagna (Spanish steps), Castel S. Angelo, and also the Vatican across the river. All the above locations would be within 1/2 mile from that hotel, therefore within 10-15 min. walk. The Colosseum, the Forum, Circus Maximus, Caracalla Baths are a little further (approx 1.5 miles, or about 30 min. walk). Traffic in the historic City Center is limited to residents only, therefore traffic noise is limited in most places. I don't know that hotel, but the street is an alley with practically no traffic and most importantly no buses, which may be the only source of traffic noise in the city center. So unless there is a noisy disco club or bar underneath I doubt noise would be an issue. I'm sure the hotel can accommodate your requests for a room, if it's available. Give them a call before you go there.

Posted by
34 posts

I would have never thought of possible tour bus traffic, etc...music to my ears...thank you!

Posted by
2023 posts

Our room overlooked the tiny street where the entrance is-think we were on third floor. I'm also a light sleeper(no way could I use earplugs) and had no noise issues. There is an elevator. I think we paid less than 200 euros-may have gone through booking.com or similar. I always request a quiet room but a few times it did not work. If you handle by email and they agree to it be sure to copy that and bring it with your reservation confirmation-made this mistake once and had a horrid room on a super busy street. Hotel due Torri is definitely away from a busy street-it is a short walk to the Tiber.

Posted by
64 posts

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Due Tori October 2011. The hotel is in as great location. We were able to walk to most major attractions including the Vatican. Excellant small restaurants in the area. The hotel is nice, not lux, but rooms are a decent size and everything is clean and in good shape. I second the breakfast. The area is the most convienient in Rome. Enjoy!

Posted by
1010 posts

My husband and I stayed at the River Palace Hotel in Rome and loved it. We were there in 2010. We could walk to the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, the Victor Emanuel Monument and the Fountain of Trevi, etc. The hotel offers a great breakfast in the lovely dining rooom. They also have a computer room, overlooking the street. You can use one of two computers for free. The hotel gets high reviews on Trip Advisor also.

Posted by
7737 posts

If you look at a map of Rome, the most central location to the main sights is the Pantheon. You should be able to find good lodging easily for 200E a night.

Posted by
2 posts

I highly recommend Hotel Barocco, on Piazza Barberini - walking distance to all the main sights. super clean, charming small boutique hotel. I just paid 207 euros a night for a superior double, including a huge breakfast buffet.

Posted by
8124 posts

The best info on visiting Rome is RonInRome.com. See what accommodations he recommends for the part of town you'd like to stay in. You can find perfectly decent rooms for half what you've got planned. I stayed in a B&B south of Rome last Easter for 70 Euros per night.