Please sign in to post.

hotel in Rome

My itinerary just changed and I am going to be in Rome for four days in December. Any hotel suggestions under about 150 Euro/night?

Posted by
166 posts

Here is one vote against the Hotel Aberdeen. I know this is in RS book. However, we stayed there on our last visit to Rome and will never stay at this property again. Location was not the best for sight seeing. The room was tiny and dark. The elevator was outside and very inconvenient to rooms so we had to use stairs most of the time. Breakfast was unimpressive. If you want a RS recommended property check others in his book.

Posted by
10 posts

I was just reading the reviews on Hotel Aberdeen. Thanks for your thoughts on that one.

Posted by
11322 posts

You can rent an apartment for that. We paid 130 euro at Palazzo Olivia near Piazza Navona. Super convenient, very quiet, and so nice to have a little more than just a room. Kitchen made it easy to keep cold water, fruit, yogurt for snacks/breakfast.

Posted by
23268 posts

Aberdeen, Sonya, Contilla --- all south of rail station.

Posted by
7559 posts

We have stayed twice now (about a week each time) at Hotel Trastevere in the Trastevere, a pleasant stay each time. Cost was 90 euro in February, probably a bit more in December.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you one and all. I plan to research any, and all, replies.

Posted by
32212 posts

Michele, My recommendations would be Hotel Aberdeen for the Termini area, and Casa San Guiseppe in the Trastevere area. Although I've never been in Rome in December, I suspect the prices might be a bit "soft" at that time of year. Based on my experience, I have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Aberdeen. I was there in May and found it to be very comfortable. The room was a bit small, but that's typical of a "single" anywhere in Europe. I've found that breakfasts differ to some extent in various parts of Italy and in different Hotels, but the breakfast at Aberdeen were quite "typical". The Hotel was only a few minutes walk from Termini so easy to get anywhere for "sightseeing". Although it's on somewhat of a "quiet" street, there are some nice restaurants within walking distance. Hope you have a great time in Rome!

Posted by
2023 posts

Another negative vote on Hotel Aberdeen. We had the noisiest room, uncomfortable beds, pitiful breakfast in a dreary room, and hated the location. We got Hotel Parlemento in November a few years ago for 105 euros. It has a great location.

Posted by
23268 posts

Have not been in the Aberdeen for three or four years but do not remember an outside elevator. The rooms were small but most rooms in Italy are small unless your are in the five star range. I know it is a matter of personal opinion but thought the location was convenient for all sites -- not the idea that you could easily walk to everything but you were close to the transportation hub that would take you to everything. And a couple of great local restaurants in the area

Posted by
1127 posts

Try Nicolas Inn, www.nicolasinn.com. Unless you're going to be in Rome at New Year's Eve rates should low so your budget of 150 will get you a VERY nice room.

Posted by
87 posts

We just got back from Italy and spent 5 nights in Rome at Nord Nuova Roma, 2 blocks from termini. Very clean, quiet, great breakfast buffet and reasonable (for Rome). At the time we had a deal with 4 nights and fifth night was free.