Please sign in to post.

hotel in Rome

I'm going to Rome with my college age son in early March 2012 (for 10 days, although we'll probably take a train to another city for a few days). Does anyone have any suggestions for a moderately priced ($100-$150/night) hotel or B&B within walking distance of the historic sights?

Posted by
4152 posts

70-106 euros is not a lot of money. You can use venere.com for hotels. Try the termini or vatican areas to find hotels within your budget. Donna

Posted by
2207 posts

I'd agree with Donna ... that's not a lot of money. At that price, you should look in the Roma Termini area or perhaps the Vatican/Prati Area. Perhaps these two links, with the best-rated B&B's and hotels in these areas, could give you a place to start: The Best Hotels and B&B's in the Prati-Vatican Area OR The Best Hotels and B&B's near Roma Termini You might also look at an apartment if you're going to spend 5+ nights in Rome. You could save some money! For some folks, who need the support of a hotel concierge or a B&B owner, an apartment may not work.

Posted by
23290 posts

Try Hotel Sonya, Aberdeen, and Contilla.

Posted by
1078 posts

Go to Santasusanna.org, the website for the US Catholic community in Rome, click on"coming to Rome" for a list of convents and monestaries that will be in you price range. My first choice is always Santa Maria Alle Fornachi, which is about 5 minutes from the Vatican and around 95 Euros with breakfast for a double.

Posted by
833 posts

My husband and I stayed in Albergo Abruzzi, which is right on Piazza della Rotunda across from the Pantheon. I think I booked it with less than 60 days in advance so I got a special deal, and it was around 100 euro or so. It is more right now, but you may see some deals pop up. (We also booked the annex, so that made it cheaper. But upon arrival were upgraded to a regular hotel room with Pantheon view!) It was very nice, it includes an American style breakfast buffet (meaning more than just a pastry and coffee) in a cafe across the piazza. Factor that into your price, if you are not having to pay for breakfast each morning. Let me know if you have any questions, we were very happy with our choice.

Posted by
54 posts

I used some of the recommendations from the RS tour books and have reserved Hotel Smeraldo in Rome and B&B Dei Mori in Florence. Prices were 100 and 125 euros/night, respectively.

Posted by
72 posts

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Trastevere in the Trastevere neighborhood. It looks like it may fit in at the high end of your budget.