Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

Can anyone tell me if you have stayed at the Hotel Adler in Rome and how was it? Or can you recommend another hotel? So far, Adler is the only one that has availability from the ones Rick recommends. Thanks. I'm getting desperate. Planning for 7-30,31 Aug 1,2-2007

Posted by
320 posts

We stayed at the Aberdeen which is just down the street from the Aldler. I can only tell you that it's a nice and comfortable street with little traffic noise and you can easily access public transportation.
The buildings are very nice. You can probably safely take Rick's advice on this one.

Posted by
507 posts

I stayed at the Adler in May and was very pleased. Had hoped to book the Hotel Italia, which is where I stayed last year, but it was booked for one of my five nights, so I opted for the Adler instead. (At both places the staff is very friendly and helpful and breakfast is good.) Although I am high on the Hotel Italia, I think I'd choose the Adler for three reasons: closer to a Metro stop (Repubblica); nice outdoor terrace for breakfast; convenient Internet/phone place across the street. (Both hotels have free Internet access on one computer, but I had a lot of e-mailing to do, so I didn't want to tie up the computer for others.) I had a group of students with me and one pair complained that their room overlooking the street was a little noisy at night, but you're likely to encounter that almost anywhere in Rome.

Posted by
466 posts

Try the cross-pollinate website. B&B's and apartments in Rome, Florence and Venice. Run by an American couple living in rome. It's a great source on info. and you can find something nice and not very expensive.

Posted by
934 posts

Ive stayed at Hotel Adler and was very pleased ,helpful people and good breakfast.It is also very well located a short walk from the train station and near the spanish steps.It is a half block off of a busy street.

Posted by
28 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Ponte Sisto last summer. It is not on Rick's list of hotels, but is listed in Frommers and is a Fodors choice.

Great location at the foot of the Ponte Sisto bridge, a 5 minute walk to Campo dei Fiori and Trastevere. (My favorite parts of Rome.)

Rooms & baths were modern, spacious and quiet. (Italy won the world cup and there was pandemonium in the streets but we still slept soundly that night.) Breakfast included and served in a beautiful courtyard. Staff spoke English, and recommended an excellent restaurant Il Gattopardo (Via dell'Arco del Monte, 94).

http://www.hotelpontesisto.it/web/
http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=rome@130&cur_section=lod&property_id=394110

Posted by
192 posts

Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Lancelot when in Rome a year or so ago. It's safe, friendly, very clean, quiet, has an elevator, fantastic breakfasts, wonderful dinners (no menu, you either take it or eat elsewhere), and is about a 5-min. walk from the Colosseum.

Posted by
6 posts

There is a wonderful, little B&B directly behind the Pantheon called City House, 133 euros/night. Via della Maddalena 51, Roma, 00186, +39 0645433175
Go to: cityhouse@romeby.com for info.

Tell the hostess, Daniella, Theresa & Val from Houston sends you.

Have fun! Theresa

Posted by
32 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Sonya annex. It was very modern, but was about a block from the main office where the breakfast was. It's near the train station, across from the Opera House. It was one of the better hotels we stayed in that Rick recommended. don't know about availability, or how the rooms are in the original building.