Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

Hello, We are planning to visit Rome in April and I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for hotels near the Jewish Quarter for a family of 5? My husband and I will be bringing a two and a ten year old + grandma too!!! We would like this to be a family friendly experience.

Posted by
11346 posts

I am envious. I love Rome and we stayed in a fine apartment not too far from the Jewish Quarter, Palazzo Olivia. With a group of 5 like yours, an apartment would be a blessing. (www.palazzo-olivia.com) You'd have a refrigerator, a little more space, even two or three bedrooms as you desire. Excellent for nap times as traveling with a small child will no doubt entail. Palazzo Olivia is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the heart of the Jewish Quarter, is also near Piazza Navona and Campo Dei Fiori. Truly a sweet location and good prices. Enjoy!

Posted by
1003 posts

Miriam, are you looking for a place near the old Ghetto, or the area around Piazza Bologna where there are a lot more Kosher/Jewish businesses? If you are looking for a kosher accommodation, I believe there are a few in the Piazza Bologna area which is further from the center than the ghetto is (the ghetto is right in the center). To be near the ghetto, anywhere near Piazza Venezia, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, or even in Trastevere is close by. I agree with the previous poster that an apartment is probably the best idea for you all. To get the same amount of space for 5 people you're looking at 2-3 rooms in a hotel or B&B, which would be a lot more expensive than an apartment, plus you can save on food (and have fun going to local markets and buying great ingredients) by cooking in a couple times if you have a kitchen.

Posted by
565 posts

My mother and I stayed at Hotel 47 which was just a few blocks away from the Jewish Quarter. It was a very nice hotel with a fantastic roof terrace bar/restaurant. I do agree with the other posters though that you should look at apartments too. One thing to keep in mind when looking is the blocks closest to the river can be a little sketchie at night and also the birds that rest in the trees at night along the Tiber are very loud and pooh on everything (see the cars wrapped in plastic durning the day). If you pick a place a block off the river you will be fine as it's one of the best areas of Rome with arguably the best food in Italy.