Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

I need to find a hotel in Rome and the Aberdeen is booked on one of my dates. Any suggestions for a safe area for a single woman? (Dates are November 23 and 24) Thanks!

Posted by
157 posts

Tippy,

You can try the Adler Hotel. My son & I stayed there in March 2006 and it was quiet, very clean, very safe, & the people their were very helpful.

I think it's around the corner from the Aberdeen.

www.hoteladler-roma.com

Jim

Posted by
576 posts

Tippy, the Nardizzi Americana is right there, too, and is offering specials of 60-70EUR during this time period. It was very nice and safe. And a GREAT deal, with a nice breakfast.

Posted by
2030 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Du Torri, recommended by Rick, in a very good central location. Very friendly & helpful English speaking staff. A bit pricey, but may be worth it to you for location, and feeling comfortable.

Posted by
192 posts

Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Lancelot. It's very safe, clean, quiet, very friendly staff, wonderful breakfasts and suppers, has an elevator (!), and is about a 5-min. walk from the Colosseum.

Posted by
11 posts

We just got back and loved Alberta at the Hotel Paba...www.hotelpaba.com. We felt very safe and the rooms very clean and her breakfast was wonderful and when we wanted it! This Hotel is a short walk from the Colisseum and just steps away from a great restaurant, Ristorante Cleto, music every night! We loved it! Felt very at home! Email me if you want more info! Also would highly recommend www.througheternity.com for great tours (we took the one day!) of Rome, our guide was Nikki, sweet, young, ,energetic, American girl full of historical knowledge! We wanted her to come with us on the rest of our trip!

Posted by
67 posts

Hotel Romae is where we stayed in May. Great location,4 blocks from Termini Station. Nice restaurant across the street, good food, cheap wine. Free internet in lobby. Helpful staff. Email directly for best rate.

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks everyone for your ideas! After much research I have decided on Hotel Italia Roma which is right across the street from the Aberdeen.

You guys are a wealth of information and I look forward to each post.

Posted by
4 posts

Tippy,

Hotel Italia Roma is located on Via Venezia, not Via Firenze. It is on the other side of Via Nationale and a couple more blocks down the street. We stayed there this past March. We enjoyed the location and the staff was very helpful. YOu will feel safe there.

~Diane