Please sign in to post.

hotel in rome

We'll be going to Rome in 2 months and would appreciate a recommendation for a hotel near the train station, 2-3 star. Thanks

Posted by
400 posts

Hi Tom,

Just came back from Rome 2 days ago. We stayed at Hotel Alder just blocks from train station. It was lovely. The hotel is mentioned in Rick Steves book. They have a outdoor terrace to enjoy your morning buffet breakfast. Food was great and so was staff.

Posted by
466 posts

There is a great hotel called the beehive 2 blocks from the train station. I have stayed and loved it. also, try this website for b&b's in the historic district. www.cross-pollinate.com This is a B&B booking service owned and operated by am American couple living in Rome (they also own the Beehive, which is recommended in Rick Steves book).

Posted by
23267 posts

Some how need to put this on auto pilot. Use the search box and you will get dozen of references -- Try -- Contilia, Sonya, Aberdeen. We prefer the Sonya for a slightly, very slightly better breakfast than the Aberdeen.

Posted by
121 posts

Tom -
We are staying in a convent - 110E for a triple with shower and w/c as well as breakfast. It is near the Colosseum and Forum. We have not yet stayed (trip is in June) but a few on this site recommended and Trip advisor gives it great marks too. It's Casa il Rosario.
Michelle

Posted by
448 posts

Do check with cross.pollinate!!We just had apartment stays via them, near, but not noisily near, the train station. What's your length of stay? Will be happy to let you know of my first choice. Despite the "wonderful breakfasts" i'd never stay in a hotel again...

Posted by
15 posts

Hi Tom,
We just came back from Rome the other day. We stayed at the Target Inn and I was not very happy there. I am just letting you know that it was near Termini station and I think that is a great location. We felt safe. It was great being so close to transportation. Good luck

Posted by
157 posts

Another vote for the Adler Hotel.

Very nice, simple, clean, and has a Very Helpful Staff.

Posted by
934 posts

I also like Hotel Adler as its well located on a quite street near a busy street.

Posted by
359 posts

Oceania Hotel on via Firenze; our best hotel experience during 3+ weeks in Europe (visiting UK/NL/FR/IT)last month & at times paying much more than the Oceania tariff. She's air conditioned, very efficient/friendly staff, clean as a whistle and close to Termini + many of the main sights. Try Rm 3 if available (sleeps 2 but can add a bed for 3).

Posted by
45 posts

Residenza Cellini. Very nice and within walking distance to the train station or a short metro ride away. The staff is excellent, and the rooms are charming. I believe it is 3 stars. It is one of Rick's favorite places.
Rose

Posted by
21 posts

Tom - Without a doubt, Hotel Paba. FANTASTIC place! It's a 15-20 minute downhill walk on Via Cavour from Termini Station. Centrally located, clean, delicious breakfast every morning. If you aren't staying at Hotel Paba you aren't getting the true Roman hospitality experience. ~Joseph~

Posted by
9 posts

Hotel Oceania on Via Firenze! Great location a qick and easy walk from the train station, helpful and friendly staff, comfortable rooms and public spaces. Our first morning, wafting up from another window that overlooked the courtyard, we heard a baritone with piano accompaniment singing classical music! What a treat.

Posted by
267 posts

best western hotel canada, 5-10 min walk to termini, very clean, breakfast buffet, free internet, happy hour treats, would highly recommend this place. good luck ):):)

Posted by
94 posts

We "second" the recommendation for Hotel Paba ! We loved it there and it is in an excellent location too.