Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

My husband & I are going to Italy in October (3 days in Rome) and love the Campo di Fiori area. The hotels Rick Steves recommended are all booked, so I've made reservations at the Hotel di Pompeo. I found out they may turn off their central air (which happened to us last time we were in Rome & was horrible) so looking at the Hotel Campo di Fiori. The guide book reviews haven't been very good, but the hotel said that it has been recently renovated, is a Boutique Hotel and has in room ACs which can be controlled by guests. Any suggestions on this hotel or others in the area? Thanks.

Posted by
10 posts

Have you considered an apt? We have just returned from Rome and rented an apt for 5 nights. We found the cost no more than the cost of a hotel room. It was great to have some extra space to relax and a kitchen for breakfast and snacks. There are many apt options in Rome on www.vrbo.com There are a list of features for each apt. and some will have AC.

Posted by
103 posts

Patricia - we just returned from Rome and we stayed one square away (essentially one block) from the Campo Di' Fiori on the Piazza Farnese and we loved it. Check out the Casa Di' Santa Brigida. It's listed in Rick's guide and we LOVED IT!!! It was expensive (isn't all of Rome??) but worth every single euro. Perfect location, the rooms are cheerfully bright and peaceful after a long day of inspiring site seeing. Private bath, very quite at night for sleeping, beautiful rooftop terrace, meticulously clean, air conditioned, lovely breakfast, beautiful marble and wrought iron staircase (there's an elevator, too). The Piazza Farnese is beautiful with two lovely fountains and it's shared with the French Embassy (Michelangelo designed the third floor cornice - always a surprise around every corner in Rome.)

We have fallen in love with Rome and have decided to go back. We will stay with the sisters at the Casa Di' Santa Brigida. I think this is Rome's best kept secret.

Posted by
529 posts

We stayed one night this June at Campo di Fiori. On edge of square but heard no noise. Professional front desk and beautiful terrace. Good beds and great bathrooms. We took the inexpensive room so smaller with small window only. They use striking room colors and all looked renovated. I would definitely recommend plus they are good at answering emails! They had offerred me an apt when I needed a room for three but I didn't use it as my daughter flew home earlier.

Posted by
18 posts

I've been looking at this hotel for October as well. It's a great location and the rooftop terrace sounds nice. The hotel itself has good reviews on tripadvisor, with the exception of the apartments - it sounds like they are not as nice as the hotel and can be hit or miss.

Posted by
7209 posts

We just returned from Rome with a group of 20 people and we booked the Residenza Navona First http://www.residenzanavonafirst.com/

We booked the entire place, and it was super cheap (for Rome) included A/C, private bathroom, and breakfast from the cafe around the corner. It was in the heart of historical Rome at Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona. The place was clean, neat, super-friendly hostess Oana who speaks perfect English...and Italian and Romanian, etc.

This is not a fancy place, but it can't be beat.

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks, Karen. I've booked at the Campo di Fiori and will probably stay there.