Please sign in to post.

hotel in Rome

I will be traveling to Rome for the first time on 1/8/09 I would like to book a reasonablely priced hotel that offers shuttles from FCO airport. Any suggestions?
Sandy

Posted by
1127 posts

Hotels in the center typically do not offer shuttle service from the airport. It's a 30-45 minute ride from Fiumicino. Take the Leonardo Express train from the airport to Termini Station and stay near the station or book your own shuttle. RomeCabs.com is great.

Posted by
239 posts

Hi Sandy--Our hotel near the city center (Smeraldo near campo dei Fiori, listed in Rick Steves' book) offered car service, but the service is pricey. We used it on our first visit because we arrived at night and were nervous about navigating public transportation in an unknown city. Their driver met immediately outside baggage claim. We felt that it was worth the extra money to know that we would go quickly and easily directly to our hotel. Smeraldo is considered reasonably priced, but everything in the city center is a bit more expensive. You pay for the convenience and the atmosphere.

Posted by
11507 posts

I used a car service to get into Rome, I arrived later at night , alone, with a child, but the driver was waiting for us and it was quick and easy. It was only 35 euros. Many people on the tour I joined had taken taxis and paid alot more, I don't think it is supposed to be alot more, but they paid more!

I cannot remember the name of company I used, but, I got if off the forums from tripadvisor.com if thats any help.

Posted by
267 posts

we spent 4 nights at the best western hotel canada, 5 min walk to the termini. great hotel and had the desk person set up a cab to the airport 45 euros for 2. good luck :):):)check out the reviews on trip advisor !!

Posted by
934 posts

If you are flying out later in the day you can take the 11e train to the airport.If you are going early a cab is 40e(set by law with a little extra for real early hours).I always have my hotel book the cab and they are always prompt.