Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome?

Hello- My husband & I are travelling to Rome at the beginning of May & trying to find a hotel. We would prefer to stay in Central part of Rome & are trying to stay in budget, but it is our honeymoon, so would prefer hotel. Any recommendations? Hotel Italia looks reasonable, anyone have experience with this hotel?

Thank you in advance!
Katie

Posted by
20 posts

Hi Katie,

please see my thread posted on April 3rd (I think) titled Hotel in Rome.........I did get some good feedback and I also booked a hotel for the end of May that I posted on this thread. Hope this helps!

Jeanne

Posted by
32213 posts

Katie,

First of all, congratulations!

If possible, you might want to have a look at the Italy 2010 Guidebook, as it has listings for lots of Hotels in various parts of Rome and different price ranges (complete with Maps).

The "central part of Rome" is probably the immediate vicinity of Roma Termini station. You might have a look at This Hotel to see if it might work for you.

Happy travels!

Posted by
1003 posts

Have stayed at Hotel Italia and Hotel Smeraldo. They are both fine places to stay. We probably preferred the location of the Smeraldo which is just a minutes or so walk from Campo di Fiori.

Posted by
1003 posts

I should also have mentioned in the above posting that the rooms we had at Hotel Smeraldo were quite small but very nice with lots of marble. Were here in the summer and they had very good a/c (some places it can be pretty lame compared to what we are used to here in the states)and that is worth alot to us! Felt wonderful to come back and relax/cool off in the afternoons.

Posted by
70 posts

We have stayed at Hotel Smeraldo several times. The location is super and the hotel is nice. They do have a rooftop terrace for all to use and the staff is helpful. We do not take the breakfast-there is a cafe right outside the door-better value and better offerings.

Posted by
1825 posts

I agree with Ken. I, too, can recommend Hotel Aberdeen. I have stayed there twice since Dec 2008.

Posted by
2023 posts

I disagree that the area around the Termini is more central Rome. The location of the Smeraldo (have not stayed there but stay near) is so much more convenient to Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Campo Fiori, Navonna, and lots of major sights and there are so many restaurants in that area. Much more charm and "old Rome" feel too. Enjoy Rome--a fabulous city!

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Katie - Since I was born in Roma I do know a bit about it. My absolute choice for a Hotel would be -
http://www.hotelforte.com/en/index.htm
Located Directly at The Spanish Steps it is easy walking to The Trevi Fountain, The Via Veneto, and The Roman Forum. Up on The Via veneto you can pick up an open air bus that will let you tour a lot of the major sights, getting off and back on as often as you like.
My friends Emanuel and Emanuella "man" the front desk and will help you in any area that you want.

Ciao, Greg