Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

My husband and I will be traveling with another couple to Rome There are several hotels that we are looking at. Hotel Hiberia, Hotel Lancelot, Hotel Nerva and the Hotel Traiano. Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels. Any suggestions would be great. The Hotel Hiberia is near the Trevi Fountain and the other hotels near Colosseum.

Posted by
891 posts

We have stayed at the Hotel Lancelot and the Hotel Nerva. They are very different from each other. Hotel Lancelot has a large dining room and nice breakfast. Has a rooftop terrace and some rooms have Colosseum view. The people are friendly and helpful. Our room had a view from the window, no terrace, but it was a nice hotel. I liked walking by the Colosseum at night on the way home. Nice restaurants in the neighborhood, just don't eat right across the street from the Colosseum. Hotel Nerva is much smaller with a very small breakfast room but very friendly people. Our room was actually on the back of the building, so we had to go outside after we picked up the key and go into another door. This was okay with us. The room was smaller with a tiny bathroom, which we expected. Both hotels were clean with friendly staff. The Nerva is on a street across from the Forum, so the neighborhood was a little different. I haven't checked lately, but I'm thinking that there is a big difference in the room cost between these two hotels. Everything (including cost) being equal, I would stay at the Lancelot. I'm sorry I don't know your other two choices. Have a Great trip!

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for info. We have found a hotel. Hotel Hiberia. It is by the Trevi Fountain. The Hotel Lancelot has room available. So decision is to stay by Trevi Fountain or Colosseum.

Posted by
1127 posts

If you're staying at the Hiberia you have to go to one of my favorite restaurants, Santa Cristina. It's behind the hotel in a tiny little alley way. It's family run with amazing food - the white lasagna is to die for!