Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

Any recommendations from recent personal experience? A/C a must as we will be there in late August.

Posted by
7209 posts

There are thousands of hotels, b&bs, hostels, apartments in Rome. Can you narrow it down a bit more than the "A/C"?

Posted by
524 posts

Yes..price would be nice to know. We stayed at the Albergo del Senato next to the Pantheon. Lovely hotel with a rooftop 360 degree view of Rome. On the pricier side...we paid around $400 night...but it was worth it to us. We stayed at much cheaper places in Venice and Positano, but splurged in Rome.

Posted by
1059 posts

Our Rick Steves Tour stayed at the Hotel Aberdeen. It was a very quiet and a nice hotel. I would stay there again. On another visit, I stayed at the Hotel Scott near the train station. This was many years ago, but I checked their website and it looks pretty good.

Posted by
362 posts

Hotel Lancelot near Colosseum and San Clemente is great; ask for a room with a balcony - lovely views. Also, their food is very good. Big breakfast always included but you can also have dinner there.

Posted by
1018 posts

As you may have noticed from some of the replies, your question is vague. Aside from that, for the last seven years we have been staying at a great b&b called B&B Armonio All Opera on Via dei Viminale across the street from the Roma Opera House. It's a 10 minute walk to either Piazza Repubblica or Stazione Termini. The area is quiet and safe. The owner, Paolo, speaks fluent English as his mother is from Wales. We like the Puccinini Suite.

You should indicate your budget, area preference, and amenities other than a/c.

Buon viaggio,

Posted by
1540 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Sonya on and RS trip and at the end moved to the Hotel Contila for 2 more nights (the room was a little less), both are very close to the main train station and bus station and Metro stops.
( the reason I did not continue to stay at the Hotel Sonya - was because they were full and couldn't give me 2 more nights.)

Posted by
330 posts

I was very happy with Albergo Cesari and would stay again. It's about halfway between the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain, and about a reasonable walk to the Forum area. The staff spoke English and were extremely helpful.

Posted by
131 posts

Stayed at best western on Villafranca 2 months ago . $60.00 per night. Very nice room updated, clean, big breakfast, all you can eat that is included. Room no. 406 very quiet.