Please sign in to post.

hotel in Positano

We are planning to stay 3 nights in Positano (October) and would like suggestions from someone who has been there for a lovely hotel with a fantastic view of the sea from our room, large terrace off the room (with table and chairs), and nice rooms, plus certain amenities like shuttle to town, restaurant, bar, access to beach, etc. We would also appreciate the same information/suggestions for hotels in Sorrento. Thanks. Karen

Posted by
2432 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Poseidon and loved it! You can check the reviews, pricing and availability on tripadviser.com. The breakfast was fabulous. We had a beautiful room with a view and a small terrace. The staff was very helpful with ideas for day trips from Positano.

Posted by
250 posts

Very highly recommend Hotel Villa Franca in Positano. 4-star boutique hotel & spa with great rates, esp. off-season. It sits on the very top of the hill on the west side of the main beach. Astounding views, rooftop pool, huge breakfast ("how would you like your eggs"?). Check out pics on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
97 posts

We stayed at Covo Dei Saraceni and really enjoyed it. It is at the very bottom of the town, near the beach and harbor. If your main criteria is being close to the beach and water, then you should consider it. As the others have mentioned, check out Trip Advisor for more info and reviews.

Posted by
32222 posts

Karen, For a really nice Hotel that's has great views from rooms at the front, have a look at Hotel Savoia. It's very comfortable and the staff are wonderful. If you have a VERY generous budget and want to splurge, I'd highly recommend Le Sirenuse. It's very "posh" and seems to win awards every year in the "Best Hotel" category. Happy travels!

Posted by
1 posts

We stayed at Il Nido in Sorrento and loved it. It is about a 10 minute drive up from the city, but the hotel provides a shuttle back and forth. The location puts you up the hill among the lemon groves to spectacular views. They have a gorgeous balcony where a wonderful continental breakfast is served. All the fresh squeezed orange juice you want and lovely pastries among lots of other choices. Rooms are basic on the small side, but comfortable and clean.

Posted by
1540 posts

I stayed in Hotel Savoia..... it was fabulous. The location was ideal and it is a beautiful hotel. We had a balcony that looked over the sea and the town, beach , etc.
The tile floors throughout this hotel are really beautiful.

Posted by
2115 posts

Hotel Le Agavi or Le Agavi Hotel (can't remember which is the proper name) was very nice. Just outside Positano, but they offer a complimentary shuttle bus into town. The views were incredible from our private terraces (yes our room had two...one in the sun, with a table/chairs and a lounge chair) and one in the shade (with table/chairs). Check out their web site and also photos on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
650 posts

Try Residence la Tavalozza. We stayed there 5 years ago. It is in the heart of Positano and from the large balcony you get a view of both sides of the town. Be sure to ask for the room with the bathroom within the room. Ours was across a small hall. The only downside is they do not have the facilites for breakfast. But just down the street are several cafe's that have the best cappuccino's and fresh baked goods. The price is very reasonable I thought for Positano. I second Il Nido in Sorrento. Arrangements can be made to have them pick you up at the train station as well. We stayed there for 3 nights and 2 of those we sat out on their balcony and had dinner. The sun sets and views are breathtaking.
If you want more information on this hotel PM me.

Posted by
175 posts

Another vite for the Savoia; we had a corner room with a terrific view overlooking the town/sea. The balcony was miniscule but we didn't miss it as we were out and
about except for sleeping.