Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Milan

So Grand Duca di York looks like a great place but a bit expensive as all hotels in Milan. Hotel Piacenza does not have great reviews on Trip Advisor. Any other ideas or should we just expect nice hotels to be as much as Grand?

Posted by
475 posts

Weird I just tried again exactly the web address and cheapest is 275E for a double classic!
So not sure what is up!

Posted by
16321 posts

Some Milan hotels are much less expensive on weekends than during the week.

You might try the Cristoforo Colombo, near the fashion district. Weeknights in October are 149-159 euro; weekends are 99-102 euro.

Posted by
9110 posts

Try venere.com for a look at hotels in Italy. The customer rating is pretty reliable. We find that you can't go wrong if you stay above about a 7.5.

Posted by
38 posts

Hi Alex,

I was in Milan with my family this past August and we stayed at the Hotel Ariston, which is also a 3 star hotel. We stayed in a family room (including breakfast) for just over €80 per night.

The rooms were not huge but they were very clean and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub which was really nice.

Paula

Posted by
475 posts

The rates at the Ariston have gone up to 275E+ plus per night! At least for October 2010

Posted by
1 posts

My husband and son were in Milan the first two weeks of December and stayed at the Star Hotel. They were very happy with the location and report that the breakfast was great, the rooms comfortable and the staff friendly. The only complaint they had was that the showers were small. I think we paid about 100 euro for a double room with breakfast.