Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Florence

We need a hotel, centrally located, in Florence for 2 nights, March 31 and April 1. We are not having much luck with those listed by Rick so looking for other suggestions. Thanks.

Posted by
3112 posts

Have you considered Il Bargellino? While it may look out of the way on a map, it's actually a great location within easy walking distance of the center. Rooms 8-10 with direct terrace access are especially nice.

Posted by
205 posts

My last trip to Florence I stayed in Tourist House Battistero. It's about 100 meters from the Duomo. Quiet room. WELL air conditioned, which you don't need but we did with 97 degree temps in August.
VERY convenient to places I wanted to be and very reasonable price. Looks like $69-72 per night for your nights for two adults. Rooms can be configured as two single beds or one larger.

Posted by
996 posts

Hotel degli Orafi was very nice and can be booked more cheaply if you use an online booking site (like Hotels.com or similar). It had a wonderful location near the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi.

Posted by
1 posts

Hey, ranorum,
I'm on the same trip with you that starts on 4/2! (Saw your name in that trip's discussion group). I'm going to be in Florence a couple of days in advance as well, and am looking at convent guest houses. Haven't made any reservations yet as I just signed up for the Hidden Villages trip this week. See you in that discussion group and we can share ideas.

Posted by
1878 posts

I suggest looking on booking.com, there seems to a lot available with great location/price/quality for those dates in Florence. I have relied heavily on his site for my last few Europe trips, hardly even look at a guidebook for hotels any more. I stayed at Hotel Arcadia a year ago last November as a solo traveler and found it perfectly fine, even though it gets only a 7.8/10 on the booking.com site. The location was quite good, the price reasonable, and the quality pretty good as well. I see even better value hotels for this time frame on booking.com though. For example Uffizi Harmony with a 9.5 rating, location a bit out from the center, but under $100 a night.

Posted by
3 posts

Many thanks to all those who responded with suggestions. We have booked successfully with Hotel Alessandra.