Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Florence

I need a couple of hotel recommendations in Florence...center of things...nice but not too expensive.

Posted by
689 posts

We like the Hotel Pendini which overlooks the Piazza Republica. Very busy area - but quiet at night.

Posted by
56 posts

Just spent the weekend in Florance. Stayed at Hotel Silla (hotelsilla@hotelsilla.it). We liked this hotel very much. It is within walking distance of the Ufizzi Gallery, etc. Employees were very kind, room was nice, bathroom small (like every other European hotel), but more important to me - was very clean. Breakfast was included and also very nice (small but what is expected in Italy). To sum it up -will stay there again when in Florance! Have fun!!

Posted by
89 posts

Check out Residenza Il Villino www.residenzailvillino.com. We stayed there in June 2008 and had a wonderful experience. It's beautiful with a lovely, friendly owner, excellent breakfast to start your day, private bath (we're all done sharing bathrooms), charming courtyard. It's a bit off from the main sights, but still walkable to everything. And besides, walking is how to get the full cultural experience.

Posted by
22 posts

I have not stayed in Florence yet. I feel compelled to respond based on the amount of help I have been getting from Soggiarno Battistero. This is located in the most central location accoriding to Rick -- it is right opposite to the Duomo. Kelly, who runs the place has been very helpful so far to prioritize and plan my schedule there. There are quite a few positive reviews in Trip Advisor. You can contact them at info@soggiornobattistero.it.

Srini

Posted by
223 posts

I have twice stayed at Hotel Gaippone. The location is outstanding. The downside is its located up maybe four long flights of stairs and there is no lift. Beyond that, I really like the place

Posted by
255 posts

We stayed at the Bellevue House, http://www.bellevuehouse.it/index.asp. Around the corner from the train station but it is on the 4th floor. Rooms were very nice and large. Breakfast was included but it was not on the premises. You received a voucher that you took to a cafe down the street and sat with the local Florentines and had coffee, juice and a pastry. Great way to experience the real Florence, away from the tourists.