Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Florence

This is the first time my husband & I are going to Florence and will be there for 3 days. Any suggestions on hotels which are fairly reasonable in price and close to the main attractions? Thanks.

Posted by
152 posts

I would highly recommend Hotel Dali. Great price...€80, great location, just behind the duomo and easy walking to everything, and the friendliest hotel manager in Italy. Marco made museum resevrations (no charge and at times that the web site reservation system said were not available), recommended great places for inexpensive food, and is just about the nicest person we met in Italy. He speaks English well and is willing to help before and during your visit. Our room was quite large (they may vary). Not luxury, but excellent value.
http://www.hoteldali.com/pages/view.htm

Posted by
636 posts

I would highly recommend Hotel David. It's a bit off the beaten path, across the Arno River, near Piazzale Michelangelo. But, it was wonderful, has free, private parking (we had a car), great breakfast, and a free happy hour in the evenings.

You can check it out on Tripadvisor. It's rated #3 of all the hotels in Florence.

Posted by
43 posts

We were in Florence July 11 & 12 and loved albergo chiazza. www.chiazzahotel.com. Location is great. It is a pedestrian street, but just around the corner from very nice shops and you can see the Duomo, which is a 5 minute walk.

Posted by
32173 posts

Patricia, I stayed at Hotel Aldobrandini on my last visit to Florence, and would certainly recommend that. It's an easy walk from Firenze S.M.N. and is "close to the main attractions". It's not fancy but fits Rick's criteria of clean, safe and affordable and the owner (Ignazio) was incredibly helpful.

Happy travels!

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks, Tim. I'm emailed Hotel Dali and am waiting on a reply from them. Is the hotel air conditioned?

Posted by
160 posts

I have stayed at Hotel Balcony many time. It is just down the street from the Duomo and a few feet away from the train station. It is clean, safe and the staff is wonderful. Breakfast is pretty good to.

Posted by
18 posts

My family and I stayed at Hotel Casci in 2004 and will be staying there again in November. Check the website www.hotelcasci.com
The hotel is walking distance from Dumo, air-conditioned and room price includes a huge breakfast buffet. The hotel is family run and you will surely enjoy your stay there. They may even give you discount if you pay in cash.

Posted by
9 posts

My daughter and I just stayed 3 nights in Florence in June at a wonderful B&B called Il Residenza Villini. It was not cheap but not the most expensive - 130 Euros per night but included a wonderful breakfast with cereal, yogurt, croissant, meat, cheese, fresh juice, and made to order coffee/cappucino/espresso. The owners are helpful and accomodating. The rooms are large for european standards, with a/c and free wifi. A great experience!

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you for all the suggestions for hotels in Florence. I now have so many great hotels to choose from - will probably decide on Residenza il Villino, but if not, I still have other great choices, and also for the next stay.
Thank you.